Beauty of Nature by Helen Chilton

11:00

I'm working on Kraft card this week with some of JOFY's beautiful stamps.

To me these look like Chinese lanterns which I love as we've got some in a pot outside the back door. This is an A5 card which is a good size as these stamps are quite large. I thought I'd stencil first...

... with Worn Lipstick Oxide ink.

To add a bit more texture I've then stencilled a smaller pattern in the rectangles with Squeezed Lemonade Oxide ink.

After that stamp your flowers - they fit round each other really well - I've stamped some upside down.

I used both Multi Surface and PaperArtsy Fresco paints depending on colour.

I added darker tones by pulling dabs of paint up with my fingers.

Re-draw any outlines that have got a bit 'lost' in black pen and then add shading and highlighting.


I finished off with some text.


I loved painting these - they're a very satisfying shape! Also I was pleased with how the paint showed up so well on the Kraft card.

I hope you enjoyed this project.

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook