Success is for the Determined by Gill Humphrey

11:00

 
When crafting I am always guided by the papers that I am going to use - for this piece I selected  the  Time of Reflection papers by Craft O'Clock which has quite an autumnal feel. I started by adhering one of the papers to an  8" MDF Upright using That's Crafty! Multi Surface Glue and then when the glue was completely dry trimed around with a knife and sanded the edges.I then used water to draw around the female image on the Craft O'Clock Rice Paper 11 and adhered it in place as shown below. 

For added interest in the background I applied Vintage Photo Distress Oxide through Cog Clock stencil.

I selected a number of MDF elements from Wreath and Leaves set by That's Crafty! and coloured them using Rich Craft Rusty Brown Vintage Texture Paste and whilst it was still wet sprinkled on 13 arts Color Glow in Ruby,  Emerald and Golden Calcite. To encourage the powders to spread I sprayed on a little water and then left to dry. 

I still felt I needed additional colour and I wanted the leaves to have a less matte feel and so my next step was to apply acrylic wax  before sprinkling on more Emerald Color Glow powder and also some Citrine Color Glow powder leaving them to spread in the wet wax. 


I applied Rich 3D Foil Relief Paste using a palette knife and left it to dry before applying a mix of gilding flakes that had collected over time from previous projects.

The completed foilded ring was applied to my covered MDF base tucking in elements from the Time of Reflection co-ordinating  junk journal pack and a bird that had been fussy cut out of the same piece of paper used to cover the base of the project. To complete my project I added leaves, cones and birds from my stash. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook