Stop and Smell the Flowers Journal (Part 1) by Liz Wheeler

11:00

 

I feel so lucky to have been asked to do some guest blogs for the next few Sundays while Lynne is having a well earned break.

Anyone who knows me, knows my obsession with journals, notebooks and albums. So it's only fitting that my first blog for That's Crafty! is a journal.  

For today's project I've started to complete one of That's Crafty's  MDF journals


I started by spritzing some 13 Arts Color Glow Powders in Blue Sapphire, Citrine, Amber and Tourmaline with water and brayered layers of colour on both front and back covers. I then used a dry brush with white gesso to knock the colour back into the background.



Using the gorgeous That's Crafty! Bubbles and Flowers Clear Stamp Set by Melina Dahl I randomly stamped the abstract bubbles stamp with Versafine Clair Paradise and Versafine Clair Purple Delight then coloured elements in with black and white Posca pens.


On white card I stamped the floral elements from the stamp set several times with Versafine Clair Nocturne then embossed with Wow! clear embossing powder and heat set with my heat gun. The flowers were then coloured with Amethyst, Citrine, Iolite and Andalusite Color Glow powders mixed with water to create stunning shimmering liquid colours. 



I fussy cut the images, leaving a small white border around the shapes and then layered onto the front cover with 13 Arts Gel Medium.


I finally added a hand-written tag for the title, edging it with Versafine Clair Paradise.


If you like the project please leave a comment. I really enjoyed playing with all the yummy colours and will continue to finish the inner pages for next Sunday's blog x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook