Butterfly Wings by Rachel Harries

11:00

 

This week I'm sharing a sample I made for the recent Rich Craft shows on Hochanda, the products are an inspiration in themselves.

I started with an Upright and added some 13Arts End of Summer paper to part of the back plate.



I assembled the Upright at this point as I'm going to be using a few different wet mediums on it so it's better to get the joints in place now to avoid any swelling.


I then used the That's Crafty! Brick stencil and some Rich Concrete Paste on the blank side of the Upright and also on the base.


I painted some Rich Crackle Medium over a little of the papered area and dried it a little but not completely I then added a combination of some Pale Blue and White acrylic paint over the top of that area, I finished off with some Crackle Varnish in that area and edged the whole piece with some water based bitumen. I also used some Rich Green Metallic paint on the base.




I took a handful of moulded bits I had, I just pop oddments in a box and I can go to it for projects some are made of airdry clay some resin it doesn't matter as I then paint them all with black gesso.



I then take some gold and green Rich Craft Metallic Paint and use a scant amount on my finger to rub over my elements and paint some toadstools with Red Metallic Paint adding spots with a white Posca pen. I then assemble these elements onto the Upright.





Using the same 13Arts paper pad I make some quick flowers to add some dimension before using the cutting sheet in the pad to finish the piece off.




I hope you like this project here is a list of the products I have used:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook