Owlsome Crackle by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 


Hello!

Following on from my Autumn crackle post last week, I have a card to share that uses the same technique that was featured on my MDF surface but as I liked it so much, I tried it on paper and this card is the result - as you can see, it worked a treat.

Step by Step:

My background paper was created in the same way as I did for the MDF by cutting a piece of smooth paper to fit a 5x7 card blank. I painted it with a coat of black gesso, following up with a coat of the Crackle Glaze.

When the glaze was tacky, I smooshed on 3 shades of Multi Surface Paint, starting with Grey, then Light Blue and lastly Orange, applying the shades randomly on the surface. After a few moments, the crackle began to appear and finished up as you can see in the photo above.

I stamped my owl on smooth paper with black ink and heat embossed the image with clear powder. I then painted him with Flat Matte Sprays, using Ochre, Orange, Redwood and Walnut. The feet and beak were coloured with a blue grey Zig marker. I then cut him out.

I took several of the leaves from my newly discovered haul of stamped images created last year, choosing rich shades of brown to contrast with the background.

I glued the crackle background to a piece of black paper, trimming round the edges with deckle scissors. I then wrapped twine around the papers before gluing to a kraft card blank.

I added the owl and leaves with 3D glue and finished off with my chosen text stamped on a scrap of overflow paper covered in specks of Flat Matte Spray, cut to a panel and inked with black.

Supplies:

Twine
 
Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 
Fliss x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook