Owl-Some by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone
This week I am sharing with you one of my recent samples that I made to support the launch of That's Crafty! recent One Day Special on Hochanda that featured lots of new substrates and the stamps of Melina Dahl.


Here's What I Did:

I began with the MDF Driftwood Panel and painted directly onto the MDF using Sandstone That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint. Once that was dry I took a very old brush that I have that has rather a lot of bristles missing but works brilliantly for this effect, put some Chestnut Brown paint on your brush and then remove some of it on a scrap piece as you want the brush quite dry then lightly brush it over the painted sandstone to create the effect of grains in the wood, continue the process till you are happy with the result. 

Next onto some heavy card stock or watercolour card I randomly covered the piece dabbing a selection of autumnal colours of Multi Surface Paints (listed below) to create a random coverage. Once dry I then stamped using Melina's Tree and Leaves stamp set and then set about cutting them out. Along with the leaves I added some of the Craftyboard berry branches, the branches were painted with Chestnut Brown but the for the berries I used That's Crafty! satin ink which gives a lovely glossy finish and some dimension to the berries. I arranged the leaves and berries to the left hand side and glued down using dimensional glue and That's Crafty! adhesive.

Onto Stamping card I stamped the owl, from another of Melina's stamp sets, and coloured using coloured pencils, I stamped again and coloured just the eyes and cut out and then added to the full owl to give the eyes some dimension. I added some highlight details with a white pen and then cut out and added to the piece. Final touch was to add the sentiment which I heat embossed onto the piece using superfine black embossing powder. A touch of string to the top and it was ready to hang.

Here's What I Used:
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints  - Sandstone, Chestnut, Orange, Yellow, Lime
That's Crafty! Melina's Tree and Leaves Stamp Set
Versafine Clair - Noctourne
Prisma Colour Pencils
String
Have a great week and I will see you next Tuesday
Love 
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook