So Delicious by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone
For this weeks make I am sharing an art journal double page spread using one of the latest stamp sets for Carabelle Studio designed by Kate Crane, I think this set is amongst my favourites.


Here's What I Did:

Working in my small Dylusions journal I started by laying down some paint across the pages using a selection of colours from the That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints, first layer applied with a brush and then additional paint applied with a brayer to give a more random layering of the paint. On top of that I added some stencilling the white stencilling I laid the paint down first and then removed from within the open space of the stencil, the other stencilling I did using paint through the stencil, both of these stencils from the That's Crafty range. 


Over that I then stencilled the black mandala, another That's Crafty! stencil, this time using black Archival ink and a blending tool you could also use Cut & Dry Foam. To tone down the black stencilling I brayered over firstly some white paint and then over that with some black. I added some stamping using Versafine Clair with some very old stamps from my stash that had Chinese writing on, to give the pages an oriental vibe. Over all of that I added some final stencilling in gold paint using a That's Crafty! Dinky stencil. I added some scribble writing across the pages using a gold pen and added a little bit of pen doodling, I did add more at the end using a white pen. 


Happy mostly with my pages I stamped out the 2 duct images from the set and coloured with coloured pencils and cut out leaving a slight white border to each. To create the planks I stamped out one of the stamps from Finnabairs Rust & Dust set onto a piece of scrap paper that I had that had previously been coloured having been dragged through a selection of brown shades of watered Distress inks. I stamped using Archival Ground Expresso and then cut into strips to create my wood planks for my duck to hide behind.


Both of the Ducks were grounded to the pages on strips of torn AALL & Create washi tape. I stamped the words 'So Delicious' from a Katzelkraft stamp set from my stash and added the Peking Duck words that I had printed out on my computer. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook