Autumn Wonder by Gill Humphrey

11:00


Whilst we may traditionally think of wreaths as a project for Christmas they are actually becoming fashionable at any time of year as they make great home decor pieces and so today I share my autumn wreath - of course dressed in alternative colours this could be a spring, summer or winter project the options are endless.

To start my project I took MDF leaves from That's Crafty! and added a layer of Fine Texture Paste through the co-ordinating skeleton leaves stencils. Once dry I then covered the leaves with Sandstone paint.

Whilst the leaves were drying I prepared my ring which comes from the same set as the leaves. I started by painting the ring with a layer of  Chestnut Brown paint. Once the paint had dried I added a layer of  Crackle Paste and once this had dried painted over with more sandstone paint. The ring was then left to dry before additional detail was added by applying  Vintage Photo, Mustard Seed and Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide inks through the  maple stencil.

I then turned my attention back to my now dry leaves and added colour using Flat Matte sprays in TomatoOchre and Redwood. I repeated this a couple of times until I had the colour result I wanted.
 

I then took the large leaf stamps from the Melinas Tree and Leaves stamp set and stamped them onto papers from Amanda Southern Background Set 2 using Nocturne ink and then fussy cut them out.

Having created all of my elements all that was left to do was to adhere them in place using Gel Medium before adding some natural elements and beaded berries from my stash.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook