A Little Bit Foxy by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello and welcome to my post for this week where I'll be sharing how I created this very autumnal wreath featuring the gorgeous fox designed by Melina.

Step by Step:

If you saw my post last week with my bunny artwork you might remember I said that when I covered the wreath element, I cut carefully round the inside so I could use the cut out piece on more of the wreaths and that's exactly what I did. This is the third largest and was covered after I did the owl one which I'll share soon.

It was created by spraying paper with Flat Matte and Lustre Sprays in autumnal shades and I glued this in place on the wreath, carefully cutting round the inside again for the next wreath down in size.

I took a variety of my pre-prepared leaves (a Blue Peter moment!) and stamped some pumpkins on smooth paper along with the cute fox. I coloured the images with Flat Matte Sprays, mixing colours where needed for the effect I wanted and then cut them out.

I arranged everything on the wreath first to check the placement before sticking the elements down, adding a few torn bits of fruit netting in a lovely shade of orange for texture. I also tucked in a couple of sprigs of Craftyboard berries which I painted with Red and Green Satin Inks.

Once everything was glued in place, I put a dab of white and black gesso on my craft mat, misted them with water and then added splatters of black and white to the wreath for a grungy, frosty look. I added a piece of twisted wire to the top to finish.





Supplies:

Wire and Fruit Netting 

Have a great and hopefully crafty weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook