Make It Possible by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone

I've eventually finished decorating my craft space, be it I've still things to put back in, but I have managed some crafty play time and have managed to open my recent order of some of the new AALL & Create stamps. My first outing is with the A4 stamp set Ocean Wonders designed by Bipasha BK and I have created an art journal page combined with wise words from Sir David Attenborough.


Here's What I Did:

Using my Dylusions 8" x 8" art journal I started by laying some colour down using Rich chalk paints. I chose 3 colours Turquoise, Patina and Mediterranean Blue to make my colours of the ocean. I applied the colour to the page just using a piece of sponge and blending the colours of paint into each other until I was happy with the result. These paints are absolutely brilliant and blend together brilliantly with a fabulous chalky finish.


Next was to add some stencilling I added some subtle stencilling with the turquoise using the A4 stencil Twirling Tendrils (AALL & Create) onto that I then painted white That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints in places, laid the Sundew stencil (AALL & Create) into the wet paint and removed the paint with a damp cloth. Over that I stencilled through the A4 Totally Dotty stencil (AALL & Create) using first a layer of Patina with a touch of Turquoise over the top. I also stencilled some numbers down 2 of the corners (That's Crafty!)


I then needed to add some contrast to the page which was in the form of some black stamping using the numbers stamp from Brush Flower border stamp set (AALL & Create). That stamping ending up being a bit to overwhelming so I stencilled over it using Bubbly All Over Dinky stencil (That's Crafty!) which toned downed the black. For further detail in both these area's I added some torn strips of washi tape (AALL & Create) and made the bold statement 'Make it Possible' again from washi tape, the word Make and Possible are on the roll but I used two letters and put them together to make the word 'It'.

Next was to add the images and i'm always a bit nervous stamping directly onto a painted background as you only get one shot at it and I've had many a time when it didn't stamp cleanly. That's not as noticeable with a background stamp but can ruin a page as a main image. So to ensure that doesn't happen I stamped onto tissue paper and onto stamping card.


I tore around each of the tissue stamped images and added them to my page using matt medium, or you can use collage medium. Once that was dry I added some colour around to blend over the tissue using coloured pencils the same colours as my background. The same images that I had stamped onto stamping card I cut out and glued over the top of the tissue stamped images.

The fishy images were coloured using a combination of coloured pencils and Zig Colour Clean Brush Markers. I also added a little white detail using a Posca pen.


I printed out on the computer the words of Sir David Attenborough and added to the page and went round the words with a black fine liner pen. The last touch was to darken the edges of the page which I did by blending a Stablio black pencil around, you could do this with Distress Ink or Distress Crayons or similar. That was then my page done. 

Here's What I Used:
Art Journal lots of choices HERE
Rich Hobby Chalk Paints - Turquoise, Patina & Mediterranean Blue
AALL & Create Border Stamp #234 Brush Flower
Prismacolor Pencils
Posca Pen - White 
Stablio Black Water Soluble Pencil

Have a great week and I will see you all next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wonderful background and a brilliant use of those intricate fishy floral images to bring Sir David's profound words to life.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook