Stop and Smell the Flowers Journal (Part 2) by Liz Wheeler

11:00


For today's Blog post I have continued from last week's by creating a double page spread using Melina Dahl's ATCoins Stamp Set 2 and Set 7 in my That's Crafty! 6x6 inch journal.

I started by adding white gesso to the pages and edging with Versafine Clair Paradise, then used the Turquoise and Sky Scribble Sticks from Dina Wakley, blending them with rolled tissue and a tiny amount of water.



I managed to find my favourite stencil ever - and one which has seen its fair share of paste, paint and texture - That's Crafty! Dinky Stencil Bubble All Over and scribbled through some of the Ruby, Tangerine and Magenta Scribble Sticks again blending with a slightly damp tissue through the stencil. 


I then randomly stamped the 4-petal stamp from the ATCoins Set 7 with the Versafine Clair Paradise, allowing it to dry before completing the pages. 


For the flower embellishments I stamped one of the ATCoins Set 2 several times with Versafine Clair Nocturne and embossed with Wow! Clear Gloss Embossing Powder. I then coloured them in with a blend of Magenta, Tangerine, Blackberry, Lime and Turquoise scribble sticks mixing each with a dash of water to create a watercolour effect. I then decoupaged the image, cutting layers into the stamped image and mounting each layer with That's Crafty! 3d Gel Medium. I attached each flower to the pages with Gel Medium and drew a stalk on each bloom with my black Posca pen.




I then stamped 5 of the layered leaves stamps and the smiling sun from the ATCoin Set 7, again colouring with the scribble sticks and attaching to pages with 3d Gel Medium. 
I completed the pages with a handwritten sentiment.





I hope you enjoyed today's post. I wanted do something fresh and crisp looking, as it feels so cold outside but the sun was shining!

Thank you for reading x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Gorgeous pages Liz. Fabulous use of the atcoin stamps and lovely to have you with us here too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook