Quick and Easy Cards with Distress Oxides on Photo Paper by Melina Dahl

11:00

Hello!

It´s Melina here today sharing two quick and easy cards with you.
Hope you all have a lovely week! 


Here´s what I did:


I made these backgrounds a while ago by simply smudge Distress Oxides on my craft sheet, spray
with water and pick them up on photo paper.


I stamp and cut out the butterflies from the Doodled Butterflies and Leaves stamp set.
I colour them in with Distress Crayons and a water brush.
I do some background stamping with two of the leaves from the same stamp 
set using Distress oxides.


I spray That´s Crafty Sparklers spray on the butterflies, the blue one on the blue/green 
and the red on the pink/orange. It does not show on the photos, but it really adds a nice shimmer 
in real life.


I stamp the sentimens from Lynne´s Affirmations set 3 and 4 and use the little paint blob stamp 
to add some contrast in the corners. I glue my card panels down on black cardstock and then onto white card bases, add the butterflies and my cards are finished.




Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Love,
Melina


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Two beautiful cards Melina, love your created background and framed so cleverly. Fabulous.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty Melina, the backgrounds are beautiful. I've never really got to grips with Distress Crayons - maybe I should take them out of the packet lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you must! Watercolours in a stick 😃 So easy to put down on your acrylic block and pick up with a wet brush! Thanks my dear❣

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Melina
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so lovely,- the background colors, so perfect with the coloring of each butterfly,
    beautiful , dear Melina,
    Hugs Dorthe, xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really gorgeous Melina. Love the oxide background and the paint blob stamp looks great stamped in the corners. Beautiful butterflies too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful cards Melina, the backgrounds are super yummy too
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook