Fred is Back by Donna Gray

11:00

Hi everyone,

After several requests on social media for the return of Fred well here he is.....on a GiganTAG!!



What I did:

First up I gave the GiganTAG a coat of black Gesso (love this as it's so chalky). When that was dry I used one of Magda's stencils (clouds and hearts) for some of the background using light texture paste through it.

I put that all to one side to then concentrate on what I was going to do and I started out with one idea and then ended up with something completely different.....typical of how I create!!

As there are so many parts to this I will just briefly touch on it as I don't want to send anyone to sleep with an extra long monologue ;)

Fred was coloured using diluted Distress Markers with a water brush on Starthmore Mixed Media paper, the feathers and hearts were stamped with orange and red Distress Oxides. The flowers and orange part on the right of the tag were created using Multi Surface paints and the doodling was done with a mixture of my beloved Posca pens.

There was absolutely no set pattern to this as I just went with the flow and it's such a large surface to work on you're not restricted by size. I wanted to make Fred the star of the show though as he rightly should be at all times :)


Here are some close ups for you:

The 'frame' was made from the perforated edges of a water colour pad
The butterfly is one of my carved ones but we all have a butterfly in our stamp collection don't we.
Of course Fred just had to have his name added right at the top!

Supplies Used:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - The Freddy and Friends Collection
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Fanciful Flowers Collection - Set 1
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lynne's Affirmations - Set 4
PaperArtsy Stamp Set - Seth Apter
That's Crafty! Magda Polakow Stencil - Clouds and Hearts
That's Crafty! Light Texture Paste
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints
That's Crafty! Black Gesso
That's Crafty! Surfaces GiganTAGS
Distress Markers
Posca Pens
Tim Holtz - Clippings Stickers
Strathmore Mixed Media Paper Pad
Butterfly Stamp
Bee Stamp
Perforated Water Colour paper (for the frame surrounding Fred)

Hope you like the return of Fred ;)
Donna xx

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. This is brilliant Donna, and Fred looks fabulous with his feathers - but of course he already knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is amazing Donna and great to see Fred starring in this.
    He looks a little michievious but fabulous - of course :)
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I wondered how big the tag is, wow, my dear, you had soo much place to work on, and make magic on. This is really a magic and wonderful place, you gave Fred - I see he already have eaten his lunch, and now is ready to find a peaceful, and lovely place to take a nap,-
    I love Fred, there- with his name , for every other cat, to know, not to come near :-) and the butterfly in the white flowers- so wonderful, dear friend.
    Fabulous and makes me make up stories <3 <3 <3 - Hugs from me- sweetie - xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word Donna! There is such an amazing amount of beautiful detail and colour on here that I'm almost speechless! A totally fabulous creation and love it!
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww just look at him... the words *sensitive soul* makes me want to give him a cuddle. A marvellous piece of creative play and one of those pieces we will back on and discover new ideas hidden within. Love it...
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome tag Donna! Just stunning 😍 Love every single detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fred returns and in such splendour, fabulous fabulous fabulous!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fred, you are having a blast LOL.

    Donna, this is brilliant.
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook