Pom-Poms and Tassels by Tracey Fairgrieve

11:00

Hello everyone,

Today I'd like to share a hanging mirror using the large round MDF Surfaces.

Here's those how to do's 

Pushing Textured Sand Paste through the Dot Circle stencil onto the surface, I allowed it to dry and repeated the process until I was happy with its dimension. Painting it all with a coat of white Gesso, I then removed the inner dots using tweezers to make the aperture larger.


Spraying the circle with a mixture of Teal and Gold Multi Surface Paint it was then ready to decorate using Multi Purpose Glue, a handful of embellishments including pom-poms and tassels...the height of fashion.


Diluted Chestnut Brown Multi Surface Paint was sprayed over the 
embellishments and allowed to flow around the circle, giving a tarnished look.


Liquid Pearls have been used to decorate around some of the gems,
with a circular mirror glued in securely. This was the reason behind 
removing those inner dots so the mirror would sit flush on the surface.


A deconstructed necklace has been used to create it's hanger and a 
hole punched at the bottom of the circle to hang two tassels on chain. 

Pom-poms and tassels seem to be everywhere this year,
I just couldn't resist adding them amoungst the bling..!


Wishing you all a fabulous week until next Thursday.

Take Care, stay safe and
Thank you for stopping by.

Crafty Hugs
Tracey xx

Crafty Supplies:
That's Crafty! Surfaces MDF Rounds
That's Crafty! Dot Circle Stencil
That's Crafty! White Gesso
That's Crafty! Sand Texture Paste
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint: Teal - Gold - Chestnut Brown
Circle Mirror/Gems and buttons/Pom-poms and Tassels
Liquid Pearls

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. Wow this is fabulous Tracey, very hippy chic, I LOVE it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, always fun to create pieces like this xx

      Delete
  2. I love your amazing mirror - this is not just a gorgeous and cheerful project but also such a clever idea for using all this little charming bits and pieces! You have the most unique ideas and the skills to realise them!
    Fantastic!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good way of making good use of those bits and bobs.. and a good to share it's craziness hee hee. Thank you Susi xx

      Delete
  3. So creative and such fun. Love the uniqueness of it and it's so artsy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea Tracey! The textures and embellishing look amazing and the tassels and pompoms look just gorgeous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fliss, I'm not really a pom pom girl but I do love tassels, it was just a bit of fun which I enjoyed more than I could have imagined xx

      Delete
  5. As Fliss said a fabulous idea and looks stunningly eclectic, love it
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eclectic sums up my lifestyle perfectly.. I've never been one for fashion or trends. I'd rather pick it apart and take out elements of interest. It's a real compliment Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  6. I love all the buttons and gems Tracey, this would be a great way to use up a huge stash of buttons!! That was a great idea to put two layers of texture paste to give height and I love the colours you used for the background. Clever idea, beautifully executed! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you like it Anne.. no surface is safe now!! xx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous mirror, dear Tracey,- all the pearls, buttons, and sequins oh my , what a great work, you did, and love the built up stenciling , giving such high to the bubbles- and then making all the bits pop. A wonderful idea, to use the necklace, for hanger- and looks so great with the tassels, too- Would it be an insult to call it a real hippie-mirror- I hope not, as that is what my old hippie soul is seeing and loving.
    Hugs from me-
    Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you have discovered it's *Hippy Side* Dorthe, it's the magic of the mixture of colours and freedom of art. It's so good to play in this way and I miss working with my pre school children as we would play like this every day. I think you know my hidden hippy spirit. So glad you love it xx

      Delete
  8. Love this Tracey, in fact I always look forward to what you create every Thursday as it’s always such a lovely surprise
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Donna, I'm at my happiest when creating in my little Thursday corner xx

      Delete
  9. It was one of your other creations that inspired me to buy this fabulous stencil, I love it nearly as much as I loooooooooove seeing what you create with it... ooooohhhhh... deeelish, beautiful...oh my word Tracey... you have inspired me once again as a million ideas are running round in my head after seeing your fabulous mirror!!. Thank you my crafting friend. Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook