I Meant to Behave by Donna Gray

11:00

Hi everyone,

It's Donna here today with a card using this fab houses stencil and a naughty little cat :)



What I did:

The background was already in my stash but from what I can remember it was made just with water soluble crayons in blue and purple colours.

Onto this background I dabbed a purple Distress Oxide through the Crafters Workshop stencil. I must admit I do love anything and everything house related so I loved this stencil as soon as I saw it.

I love this little cat from AALL and Create with his cheeky grin so I knew he'd be perfect to stick him up a tree lol. The tree is one I hand carved BUT it will hopefully be available to buy soon ;)

Amazingly the tree was carved way before I got the cat stamp but fits him perfectly. I then used the cloud and flowery hill stamps from Rubber Dance to add to the urban feel of the card.

I stamped all the images on Strathmore Mixed Media paper and coloured them in with a mixture of Distress Markers, fussy cut them out and adhered them to the background. The tree and clouds were adhered with a couple of foam pads to add a little extra dimension although it's hard to see that here.

The finishing touch was to add a snarky sentiment from Tim Holtz, mount onto black card and then on white cardstock.

I hope you like my naughty little cat......think he may well be called Fred!!!

Supplies Used:
Rubber Dance Stamp Set - Whimsical Summer
AALL and Create Stamp Set - Furry Friends - 1
Crafters Workshop Stencil - City Buildings
Prima Water Soluble Oil Pastels
Black Archival Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Markers
Tim Holtz Distress Oxides
Tim Holtz Snarky Stickers
Strathmore Mixed Media Paper Pad
Black Card
Speedball Speedy Carve (if you want to try carving your own tree)

Hope you like it
Donna xx

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This is fabulous Donna, I love the stencil, and there's always room for one more Fred! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fabulous Donna and love that naughty puss up in the lovely tree. Such a creative and amusing design.
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this such a fun and colourful card
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Fred in the tree, looking so happy with himself, Donna- it is simply perfect for him- lol,-- and with the gorgeous stenciled town behind him- And also wonderful with the clouds drifting out of the card/panel .'
    Have a cosy weekend my dear sweet friend - Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combination of stamps and stencils Donna. The cat definitely *Owns* that tree. Pure peace and harmony the perfect get away from busy town life. We all need a tree just like this.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook