Embrace Each Season by Dorthe Hansen

11:00

I think you all found out that I`m very much in love with the
new Journal kit, from That`s Crafty! providing both a great journal with MDF cover and heavy cardstock pages but apart from that also follows a wonderful kit of different papers, which you can see if clicking the link above.


This is a new page in my journal, where I directly onto the inside cover page, painted 
with white, then diluted Chestnut Brown around the edges and then adhered
a layer of gauze. Then onto one of the pieces of cardstock from the kit,
I stenciled one of the new daisies with texture paste and left to dry.
On a piece of old paper, I stenciled words from one of  Lynne`s new Word stencils,
tore around it and smeared with brown ink.


The daisies now dry, I sprayed and painted with the lovely Flat Matte sprays -
Rose, Basil and diluted Chestnut Brown paint, on the paper, I stamped some 
branches from the tree  (on the new Lynne, stamp) using Archival Coffee, at the top and on the right side edges. A piece of the corrugated cardboard from the paper kit, was also painted with the Matte sprays, as was little pieces of lace. The edges were run over with Archival Coffee.


Cardboard and lace were adhered to left side panel, and the other cut to assemblage a leaf 
and added to right side . The words straight over the flower stem.


The paper panel was then adhered to the Journal inner side cover on top of the also
sprayed (Basil and Chestnut Brown) gauze.
Again using the Daisies stencil, I added two heads, one onto bottom left corner and one
in the middle top, with texture paste,and when dry they were also sprayed with the 
diluted Chestnut Brown paint.


So my inside cover is finished, and I hope you like it  :-) 
Thank you always for your kind and loving visits, they are so very appreciated . 

Hugs and love
Dorthe 

Products used:
From my private stash: Lace, Gauze 

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. Gorgeous textural piece Dorthe, adore the flower and touch of colour. Tracy ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy,- so sweet of you to visit -
      Hugs from me- xo

      Delete
  2. Always, so very stunning and your earthy layers enchant me. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Autumn, thank you so much, for your sweet words-
      Hugs, Dorthe

      Delete
  3. This is such a fantastic mix of Material Dorthe! Mixed Media art at its best!
    The earthy coloration and the clever stencilling casts a spell over me!
    Simply gorgeous is this page - an I am in awe of this smart journal to use!

    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Susi,
      Your words makes me blush- thank you very much- and yes the journal with all the different papers, I `m sure would be something you would love to use .
      Hugs, Dorthe , xo

      Delete
  4. I love your work!! Do you have a video of you working on a piece? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Jeanne , no I`m sorry , I do not do videos ,- but thank you for asking . xo

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful Dorthe, this piece is so you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue,
      Yes I think you are right, have to use my laces, and softer colors , to feel it is my creation, lol-
      Hugs,
      Dorthe

      Delete
  6. You ALWAYS Capture the magic of nature, i love the tones and the texture and its got a soft beauty that makes my heart sing.

    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear June, thank you for your loving words, so very sweet of you , my friend.
      Hugs to you, xo
      Dorthe

      Delete
  7. An absolutely beautiful creation Dorthe. Love all the textures from the added lace and gauze and the soft colours look gorgeous. Love this!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fliss, very much,difficult for me, not to use lace and fabric, Lol -
      Your words are so appreciated .
      Hugs, xx
      Dorthe

      Delete
  8. Dorthe yet again a beautiful collection of textures and muted colours, beautiful piece
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amanda, so kind of you.
      Hugs,xx
      Dorthe

      Delete
  9. A wonderful page Dorthe, I love how you have layered the papers with the stencils giving the appearance as if they have been pieced together just like a jigsaw, an amazing stencil that can be used in so many different ways. Your use of colour is as beautiful as ever.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tracey, thank you my friend- so lovely to have your visit, also this week,- I hope you are doing great my lovely.
      Hugs,xx
      Dorthe

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness Dorthe, this page is simply STUNNING!!! The layer of gauze underneath the stencilled page looks fantastic and I just love the colour combination you used!!!
    (I am just waiting for my order of the new Lynne stamps and stencils to arrive) I may have to order some of those wonderful looking sprays too, they truly give a stunning effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Astrid, thank you so much , I so appreciate your words.
      Oh , you will love the stamps and stencils- and the sprays are really giving gorgeous effects, which you will have fun with.
      Hugs
      Dorthe

      Delete
  11. What a stunning and inspiring journal Dorthe! you must know how much I love your style- it is so reminiscent of nature and earthiness. Well done you,my sweet friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Jackie, thank you from my heart, for your loving words, so very appreciated my dear friend. xx

      Delete
  12. Another trip into the textural wonderland that belongs to the sweetest Dorthe, love this calm creation
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh sweetest Donna- Thank you dear lovely friend.
      Hugs,
      Dorthe xx

      Delete
  13. Absolutely lovely - I love those textured flowers and the earthy colour tones - magical.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook