Each Petal is a Flower Sharing Joy!

11:00


This beautiful Affirmation from Lynne, is perfect for this weeks sample
for That`s Crafty! I think.

I started the panel with one of the great MDF tags. It was painted with gesso and left to dry while I stamped one of Fliss`s beautiful flowers, 4 times on a piece of the fabric from the Journal stash, which first was painted with the Light Pink and Apricot acrylic paints and then used Archival Inks to stamp.


An MDF heart and greyboard dove were also painted - first white and on the heart, I stenciled the heart/rose pattern, using texture paste. When dry it was also painted with the Apricot and Light pink first, then when dry, I smeared black Archival over using a finger and lastly a little gold, here and there painted over.


To the panel, I added old book page pieces, here and there, stamped the rest with the wonderful text stamp also using the black ink and after painting over with Sandstone and Apricot, left it to dry and used the Flourish stencil and black ink here and there, over the text. 


The flowers were fussy cut and with a piece of crumpled tulle in between the two layers put together with a lace flower in the middles. One of the flowers was backed with the greyboard flower matching it's - also from Fliss`s set of greyboard flowers.

The dove was painted a bit pinkish, on the wings and tail, and details added with a black
fineliner. Under the heart I could not resist to adhere a ticket from my stash in the exact right color!
You can use anything in your creation, giving meaningful details to it.


The lovely affirmation was stamped onto the tea bag paper from the journal stash,
cut into 3 pieces and all elements were adhered to the panel. Lastly a beautiful sari silk piece was used to hang it.

Hugs and love
Dorthe 

Products used:
From my stash: Old ticket, stiff tulle, sari silk, lace flowers

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Beautiful Dorthe, love the flowers and delicacy of the colours. Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy - :-) Hugs, from me . xx

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this stunning tag Dorthe. So much lovely texture and detail on the embellishments and you've made my flower stamp look stunning stamped on the painted fabric. So stunning!
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fliss, thank you so much, I`m happy you like it, I love to play with your flower stamps .
      Hugs from me- xxx

      Delete
  3. A lovely tag with a collection of stamps and textures that work beautifully together.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Amanda, I loved to use the products for this creation.
      Hugs, Dorthe, x

      Delete
  4. I don't know where you get your ideas from Dorthe, but this is simply beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sue thank you so much,- for your sweet words . XX

      Delete
  5. The stamps you used and all those fabulous textures: Just beautiful together. And all the wonderful embellishments! I am in awe of your unique tag dear Dorthe! Another brilliant and utterly beautiful project of you!

    Hugs Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Susi, you are making me blush, -thank you for your words, I feel blessed .
      It was a joy creating with my favorite tones, and style, and the wonderful flowers from Fliss`s stampset. They gives me so many ideas .
      Hugs, Dorthe , xx

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty combination of favoured shapes and colour, the calico flowers looks so beautiful repeatedly layered with your centre embellishment. Your love for creativity has shone through more than ever on this one Dorthe, thank you for sharing with us all.
    Creative wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Tracy, thank you as always for your so lovely words to me- I really creating and working with the beautiful products, the soft tones, and a little fabric. I`m happy you can see it !!
      Hugs to you, from Dorthe xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful tag with awesome texture and colour 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Melina, thank you friend !!
      Hugs
      Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  8. How beautiful Dorthe! I just love your layering. The textures and tiny details you have added make this such a perfect piece! Thank you so much for sharing your steps!
    I love how you create!
    hugs my friend,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the texture and dimension of this, and the subtle colour palette is really pretty.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook