Silence of the Mind by Dorthe Hansen

11:00

There are so many gorgeous new products in the That`s Crafty! shop,
and for the Monday panel, I chose to use some of them.



I started with a MDF tag, which I slightly covered in diluted gesso.
Pieces of scrap paper, from Laura`s new paper kit were sprayed with 
the new Flat Matte Basil spray and then with diluted Chestnut Brown paint.
When dry, the one scrap was stamped with the wonderful new stamp, from 
one of Lynne`s new stamp sets. 


The new lovely Fleur de Lys stencil was used on right side of the panel using
texture paste and when dry, it was sprayed with the diluted brown too. 


SILENCE OF THE MIND, I stenciled onto one of the pieces of brown paperscraps,
also using texture paste and when dry I tore it into two and adhered to top and bottom of the tree. 
A piece of Tim Holz wallpaper, (a gift from dear Lynne) was adhered,
to bottom, with a sprayed paper wipe piece and a found piece of white bark. 
I tore a string of twine and baby wipe around the bark before adhering it.
And on top of tag I also adhered paper scrap and baby wipe scrap.


Around the most of edges, I smeared Distress ink, Weathered Twigs.

I think this almost covers the steps taken to create with many of my new favorite products,
and wishes you all a good and cozy new week.

Hugs and love
Dorthe 

Products used:
From my stash: baby wipe, bark, string 

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. This is so beautiful. I love the textures and the peaceful colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Julie, glad you love it, as these tones are some of my favorites :-) xx

      Delete
  2. This is in such close touch to nature - simply gorgeous! And all the lovely elements are brought so beuatifuööy together! Amazing!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Susi, thank you so much , I`m sure you know me well enough to see, the nature tones are close to my heart , lol- thank you for seeing it and for your so sweet comments - Hugs to you, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  3. An absolutely beautiful tag Dorthe. Such lovely serene colours which fit the theme so well and all the textures from the spraying and torn pieces look so gorgeous. A really calming and lovely piece of artwork.
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou my friend- it is always lovely to read your words , makes me feel happy , Fliss.
      Hugs Dorthe, xxx

      Delete
  4. This is really beautiful Dorthe, these colours are perfect together, as of course they are in nature xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sue, thank you so much !!
      Hugs, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  5. A beautiful take on nature, the contrast of the Fleur de le stencil works so well with your theme. Those colours flow delicately upon your mixed media tag Dorthe, Thank you for sharing with us all.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tracey, thank you for your kind words, sweet lady !!
      Hugs, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  6. !! GENIUS !!

    That's all I can say, sweet Dorthe. What you've done to a simple tag is genius.

    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh , thank you Sue, so much, so kind of you , dear.
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Absolutely wonderful creation sweetest Dorthe, I could gaze in awe all day at all your textures and layers
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Donna, you are making me happy,- thank you my dear.
      Hugs
      Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  8. Oh, I love this beautiful tag. Lovely colours and nature theme 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , kære Melina, so sweet of you, - Kram, Dorthe xxxx

      Delete
  9. This piece is gorgeous Dorthe!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Jackie, thank you so much, so kind of you to visit, with your bad hand . xoxo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook