Be Cool by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
For this weeks make I have a card for you made using mostly stencils. I seem to collect stencils like I collect stamps which doesn't bode well for my bank account!!


Here's What I Did:

I started by using a previously made gelli print that I had been holding onto, I really like how this one turned out and as it is near impossible to replicate a print I decide to print a copy of it by scanning it and printing it out onto thick card, keeping the original for goodness knows what, just to keep I think!

this is the original that I can now keep for another day!

Anyway, onto the printed copy of my gelli print I stencilled on the woman using black Archival ink and Cut & Dry Foam, and then stencilled her again onto a piece of copier paper. The copier paper version I cut out to act as a mask. I laid the mask version over the image to allow me to stencil the background details in this time using a selection of Distress Oxides colours. Stencilling through leaves lots of Oxide on the stencil so I spritzed the stencil and dipped in some tags to pick up the ink which allows the stencil to be used as a stamp.

These are the tags that I picked up the leftover Oxides with and they will come in for a future project, saves wasting the ink residue on the stencil.

I then added some stamping in black using one of That's Crafty! texture stamps. My final stencilling was to add the white stencilling. Once I had finished all the stencilling I then grabbed some Posca paint pens and added coloured highlights to the piece.


I added the words 'be cool' by using Tim Holtz foam stamps and white paint, for this I used the stamping platform. Final addition was to add a couple of strips of washi tape, before mounting it onto black card and adding to a card blank.

What I Used:
Gelli Print from my stash
Stencil Girl Stencil - Cool Attitude  6"x 6"
That's Crafty! Stencil - Clouds & Hearts 8"x 8"
Paperartsy Stencil - PA031 (from my stash)
Distress Oxides - Carved Pumpkin, Picked Raspberry, Broken China, Squeezed Lemonade
Tim Holtz Foam Stamps - Block Lower
That's Crafty! Stamps - Textures Collection 1
Posca Paint Pens - Pink, Yellow, Light Blue, Black 
Washi tape from my stash but lots of other designs available HERE

Hope you all have a fabulous week and I will see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Really awesome card Amanda and I'm very tempted by that gorgeous stencil, especially now I've seen it in use here too!
    Fabulous gelli print and can see why you want to keep it.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Amanda, I knew this was one of your even before I saw your name - very cool indeed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous card Amanda and I have to say that Gelli Print stands out on its own, not sure I would want to cover it up but that stencil in awesome. Love those tag off prints too.. look forward to seeing what you create with them
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous Amanda, your background is amazing with her in front- and I love the tags, on which you picked up the rest inks from the stencil !!
    Hugs, Dorthe , xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your pop art card CC and I can’t wait to see what you make with those other lush backgrounds too
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! So colourful and cool 😍

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook