Silence by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
I have, for this weeks make, some more art journal play to share with you this Tuesday.




This page started out as I squeezed a tube of red paint far to hard and had too much paint left over from a previous project. Many of my pages start from leftover paint and this double spread is no exception. Art journals are a great way to use up all that left over paints on.

Here's What I Did:

Taking a double page spread in my Dylusions journal I painted the 2 pages with the red paint totally covering it all. I next brayered on a combination off black and white paint until I was happy with the effect and created a split page with the top half being more predominantly white. 

Onto a piece of tissue paper I stamped the tree, from Lynne's Affirmations Set 7, I didn't want to stamp directly onto the page as I needed a clear image. I carefully tore round the image, tearing helps blend the tissue paper onto the page, and added to the page using matte medium. 


I then repeat stencilled the statement  down the right hand side of the page first with black Archival ink and then over that the same statement using white paint. 


I added a little touch of torn washi tape under the tree, also under the tree I blended in some black Distress Crayon to darken the page a little more. Finally I stamped the statement out onto white paper and added to the page.

Here's What I Used:

Thats Crafty! Stamp Set - Lynne's Affirmations Set 7
That's Crafty! 6.5" x 7.5" Stencil - Lynne's Affirmations 1
Prima Finnabair Art Alchemy Impasto Paints - Poppy Red and Snow White
Distress Crayons - Black and White
Washi tape from my stash
Have a fabulous week and enjoy the sunshine
Love 
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. A very atmospheric journal spread Amanda. Love the painty effects and the simplicity with the repeat stencilling.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantatsic dramatic effect , Amanda- amazing spread !
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Amanda, so dramatic (and brave) of you to do this in your journal. I love your repeat stencilling xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this style Amanda it reminds me of graffiti art. Superb colours portraying a dynamic design. Fabulous journal spread.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook