The Beginning and End by Tracey Fairgrieve

11:00

Hello Creative Friends

Today I'm reflecting on the beginning and the end 
pages of my That's Crafty! Mixed Media Journal Kit.

Here's a few words of how they came to be..

The first open page is MDF and is the inside cover. 
The words have been formed by pushing Gel Medium through a stencil.
Painting in a wash of white gesso and splashes of Flat Matte Spray. 

The words are sanded back to expose the bare MDF underneath.


The next page has been created using Kraft Card, watered down white gesso 
and sprayed with Flat Matte Spray. Texture Paste has been pushed through the
 Fleur de Lys stencil and sprayed with water when dry, it's fascinating watching 
those colours turn chalky upon the gesso.


Machine stitched around the edge and glued onto the greyboard 
page the compass and words are stamped on to papers supplied
within the kit and glued into place. 

Ink is blended through the foot prints stencil, filling 
up the blank space completing the first two pages.


For the last couple of pages I used Kraft and corrugated card on the first. 
Painted in watered down gesso with splashes of Flat Matte Spray 
adding a hint of colour along with a strip of dyed lace edging.


Machine stitch follows the lines of the corrugated card with lace 
and an embossed greyboard heart added to embellish.


The last page is created in the same way as the first inside MDF cover 
with ink blended through the butterflies stencil again to break up the space.


I can now close the book on this creation which I thoroughly enjoyed creating.


Thank you for sharing your time.
Wishing you a wonderful day.

Creative Hugs
Tracey xx

Crafty Supplies:

That's Crafty! Mixed Media Journal Kit
That's Crafty! White Gesso
That's Crafty! Gel Medium
That's Crafty! Texture Paste
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays
That's Crafty! Stamps Lynne's Affirmations Set 8
That's Crafty! Stencil Lynne's Affirmations 3
That's Crafty! Stencil Fleur de Lys
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencil Foot Prints
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencil Flight of the Butterflies
That's Crafty! Surfaces Bits and Pieces Greyboard Hearts

You Might Also Like

38 comments

  1. Brilliant pages! So many textures and gorgeous colours ! Wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jannet, these Journals are an absolute pleasure to play with x

      Delete
  2. Beginning and End are always interesting when yu do them Tracy, love this fantastic art.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Annie, so kind Thank you so much, really happy you enjoyed it xx

      Delete
  3. Oh Tracey! This is INCREDIBLE!!! I'm crazy over the texture and stitching detail and your gorgeous use of these sprays. What an inspiration this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Autumn, there's something so warming about stitching through cardboard it sounds incredible hee hee xx

      Delete
  4. Fabulous pieces of art! Gorgeous colours and textures <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! This is such an inspiration - wonderful pages and I am thrilled about the wonderful details - you ar such a talented Mixed Media artist!
    This booklet is a treasure!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me very happy that you like my pages Susi, the glory of mixed media is just going with the flow. I'm very humbled to hear your sweet comments Thank you xx

      Delete
  6. Dear Tracey, this is stunning- oh my , the texture you created,- sewing and adding papers, is amazing. Also love the colors through out the book, - some of them binding it together, and you dear friend- did not create only a beginning and an end, but also an ongoing beautiful story ,- a treasure for you to hold , and look through for years.
    Big hugs from Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Dorthe, Journals are such a great source to express ourselves and it always amazes me how no two are ever the same. I'm currently working on another one with a completely different direction xx

      Delete
  7. fabulous art journaling and so many fabulous textures and detail, a true 'Art' journal
    Love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very very much Amanda, I can say I really enjoyed every crafty moment with this journal xx

      Delete
  8. Loving all that gorgeous texture and detail. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really gorgeous pages Tracey. The textures and shabby style look absolutely fabulous and love that amazing stitched detail too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fliss, I have to make the most of it when my sewing machine is out. It really needs a creative spot of it's very own xx

      Delete
  10. It is a stunning album Tracey, the first and last pages are superb and the cover is so, so beautiful. I can see why you enjoyed making this wonderful creation! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you can see the sheer enjoyment I had with this Anne, although I have to say you create a superb journal or two yourself hee hee!! Thank you xx

      Delete
  11. The texture and stitching and colors are phenomenal, Tracey! This is so far out of my box, I'm behind the refrigerator, but I sure love seeing your mixed media artistry!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee heee Darnell, i'm trying to bring you out from behind that refrigerator :D Thank you very much for popping on over, so happy you like my pages xx

      Delete
  12. It's a stunning project Tracey! I love all of your pages and the covers!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunner Tracey!! Omgosh, i love your pages, each filled with interest and beauty! I especially love the heart as well!
    Jackie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Jackie, i do love those whimsical hearts.. I have a big stash already prepared so they will be making an appearance every now and then xx

      Delete
  14. Glorious creation, so much texture and fabulous inspiration...Stunning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Mac, it's a fabulous kit giving us a taste of papers along with fabric to play with.. I just had to try them all xx

      Delete
  15. Wow Tracey, this is gorgeous! So much love and attention to detail has gone into this and the result is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a real pleasure to play with this Sue, Thank you xx

      Delete
  16. Oh my eord tracey.... I AM IN LOOOOOOOVVVVEEE!!!.. such neauticul texture, and that amazing effect with the gesso amd sprays, on first glance i thought it was distress oxides!!. The stitching and that cute little heart are just the icing on the cake!!. Oh how I wish I could stroke this beautiful book. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee heee.... it's another never say never moment Jane :)) I'm really glad you like it and was another play with colour and materials. Thank you so much for your kind words.
      Hugs Tracey xx

      Delete
  17. This is brimming with texture and colour, it is as though I want to reach into the screen and run my fingers over each page.
    Beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much dear Lynne such a compliment coming from your good self who influences us all, i'm so glad you like it xx

      Delete
  18. Wow I so enjoyed looking through your beautiful pages Tracey, you created such a gorgeous journal with such yummy textures
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it Donna, it was a great project piece to play with xx

      Delete
  19. Oh my goodness Tracey what a stunning book.
    I zoomed in to look closely at all the details and wonderful textures... and amazing stitching too - oh and beautiful and subtle colours.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you very much Gill, it was such a therapeutic project to work on. A fabulous addition to the That's Crafty brand xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook