Butterfly and Blossom by Tracey Fairgrieve

11:00

Dear Creative Friends,

Sadly this will be my final That's Crafty! blog post.

I've been privileged to be part of an amazing Design Team for the past 14 months 
who deliver non stop inspiration, working tirelessly to keep you all updated.

I feel truly blessed that Laura scouted me out all those months ago, giving me 
fabulous opportunities, I have loved every step of my crafty journey.

At this time I need to make room in my busy life which sadly means making sacrifices.
So today I bid you farewell and leave you with a piece some may be familiar with.

Back in February Laura asked me if I would showcase some of the That's Crafty! 
products for publication in Craft Stamper Magazine's  June Edition. 

Here's that piece and how it all came to be...

Onto an 8x8 MDF Chunkie I first painted in teal then a coat of Antique Gold 
scratching and sanding back some of the areas to reveal the colour underneath.


Onto the greyboard flowers I sketched in the details adding spots of 
multipurpose adhesive to give dimension to those stamens 
and painted the flowers to resemble Cherry Blossom.


Rough sketching detail onto a large greyboard Butterfly I followed 
those lines using the multipurpose glue pen, adding interest 
as well as dimension to paint upon.


Dyed strips of cotton fabric are glued, twisted and held together 
with clips until dry. These will form the tree branches upon the chunkie.


Stamps from the textures set 1 and 2 are embossed using 
frantage adding texture to those exposed Chunkie areas.


Applying Crackle Glaze to the painted greyboard
really enhances the design when its repainted over.


Wire antenna are added to the hand painted Peacock Butterfly 
before the blossom and Butterfly are glued into place.

My Butterfly and Blossom Chunkie is complete.


Thank you all very much for your kindness and support
and a BIG Thank you to Laura & Graham for the exceptional 
That's Crafty Brand.

Crafty & Creative Hugs

Tracey xx

Crafty Supplies:

That's Crafty! Surfaces MDF 8x8 Chunkie
That's Crafty! Surfaces Bits & Pieces Greyboard - Christmas Florals
That's Crafty! Surfaces Bits & Pieces Greyboard - Large Butterflies
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints
That's Crafty! Stamps: Textures Set 1 - Set 2
That's Crafty! Crackle Glaze
Embossing Powder: Frantage

We are very sorry that you are leaving our blogging team Tracey but absolutely delighted that you are staying on our DT for TV samples. :-)

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. Wow Tracey, what a beautiful piece, but I'll really miss your inspiration here every week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sue and for your sweet message, i'll catch up with you in blogland xx

      Delete
  2. THis is an absolutely gorgeous chunkie Tracey, such beautiful detail and textures on an amazing background.
    I'm so sorry to hear that you've had to leave due to personal commitments and I know how much we'll all miss your incredible inspiration.
    Wishing you all the very best for the future and hope things calm down for you very soon.
    Hugs, Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you Fliss, it was a tough decision to have to make but i'm so glad we can keep connected and I look forward to seeing what delights you all bring xx

      Delete
  3. Another amazing creation! You have such a gift for adding the perfect texture and colors to bring your creations to life! <3 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Autumn, the That's Crafty Surfaces are a perfect blank canvas to play with xx

      Delete
  4. Fabulous piece Tracey. I will really miss you in the team and it’s been an absolute pleasure to design alongside your talent. Good luck in the future With all you do
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind Amanda, Thank you so much. I'll not be too far away and as always look forward to seeing what fabulous creations you bring to us all xx

      Delete
  5. I am so sad to hear that you are leaving, I think you will be greatly missed. I have loved seeing your wonderfully inspiring creations over the months and this piece is gorgeous - I especially love the beautiful Peacock butterfly! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful thing the Peacock Butterfly, Thank you as always for your support and kind words Anne xx

      Delete
  6. You are going to be missed...your creations are hugely inspirational to me x Marvellous and beautiful project and love the colours, the wonderful butterfly and how you did the branch and that beautiful background x Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will still be around in blogland and look forward to keeping in touch (((Hugs))) and Thank you xx

      Delete
  7. It is so very gorgeous , Tracey, so amazing texture you created with embossing and glue pen- the branch made with twisted fabric, is a won derful idea, and the flowers and butterflies looks so very beautiful. A fantastic goodbye art piece- dear friend.
    I`m sorry to see you leave, and, hope your life, maybe later will give you place for more crafty experiences, once again. This post was not on my blog list yesterday .... don`t know why ...
    Biggest hugs to you, and all the best - I will be on your blog, and see what you are doing :-)
    Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorthe, it was a lovely project to do. It's good to know we can still keep in contact and see what we have been up to creatively. Blogger plays tricks with me at times also xx

      Delete
  8. Tracey this is such a beautiful creation, you brought that butterfly to live and the flowers, so special.
    I am so saddened to read your news, I am sure it wasn't an easy decision for you. Behind the scenes, I sure do hope you will find the time to create, even if it is only snippets of time, so long as you have some creative outlet in your life.
    Thinking of you and just to say, it has been lovely to have you be part of this team, to get to know you and your beautiful art.
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lynne, I was not an easy decision but at times we need to make them.
      I look forward to keeping in touch and following your creative journey as always xx

      Delete
  9. This piece is truly amazing! The colours, the textures - everything! I love it!
    I'm so sad to read that you are leaving the team. It's been a great honour to be your teamie and I will miss you and your talent very much. Love, Melina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very kind Melina, Thank YOU so much. I look forward as always to seeing what lovely things you create for us all xx

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh ! This is a Mixed Media stunner par excellence! I am thrilled about this Tracey! Simply amazing!Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cherryblossoms and a nice butterfly , what a gorgeous composition. The turquoise and golden background looks so nice to it. It's a dream! Wow!
    Thank you also for your friendly comments at my Blog.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sabine and you are most welcome xx

      Delete
  12. Tracey , what a gorgeous piece!! Thank you for sharing the steps of this and so many other beautiful projects over the past months. Sad to see you leave That's Crafty, but I think we all understand that sometimes life gets so busy, it takes over the relaxing parts. Good for you to realize it before burn out came! Best wishes,my dear on all of your journeys!
    Jackie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so welcome Jackie Thank you as always. It was a sad and very hard decision but at times we do need to make them xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook