Make Friends by Dorthe Hansen

11:00

This is to be in the journal, too and side by side with the page I created (Mystery Awaits)
in same lavender tones, also on a piece of the great white card stock from Laura`s
journal pack.

I used the same colors painted over the page, (Lavender, Flat Matte Basil spray, Chestnut Brown, Black and Archival ink) to add some mystery here too.


I had a piece of grey sacking which I adhered to the page and when dry,
I stamped one of the lovely Wildflower stamps on top. Onto the branches,
I placed two crows using the Dinky stencil and between them, from the clock stencil 
I stenciled 12, also using part of the frame of the clock.


On left side page I used another Dinky stencils to make a 
raised pattern and when dry, painted it Grey and Lavender - 
I placed two boys from Tim Holz Ancestors on the sack, adhered swatches
of already painted papers, one of which I had stenciled Make Friends, 
using texture paste again. 


It is difficult to see but on right side of the grey sack, I used Seth Apter 
Baked Texture, Ancient Amber,- in real life it give a beautiful texture 
of golden amber. 


Lastly I also adhered pieces of very old cloth,which I also dyed 
using the Black paint.

Thank you all for looking,  writing this the sun decide to shine, and I wish
you all a wonderful new week. 

Hugs and love
Dorthe 

Materials used:

From my own stash: Old cloth, grey sacking, bits of paper remnants from my table :-) 

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, so much Melina , so kind , my dear.
      Hugs to you. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh Dorthe I love the concept of this journal piece, it's as if those words are speaking to each character telling them to be kind and like one another. I love how you perched the crows upon the wild flowers, a very clever piece of creativity.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear Tracey, I like that crows, lol- and as this page is just beside my "Mystery Awaits"- I thought they belonged there !
      Thank you for your kind words.
      Hugs, xx
      Dorthe

      Delete
  3. A fantastic design with the great mix of materials and the colours are so beautiful as well. A fantastic composition with the crows and the lovely boys and the fitting quote to it.... you never cease to amaze me!
    I would love to see the whole spread in one phot - I bet this looks wonderful !
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Susi, I treasure your words , very much- and will post the whole spread :-)
      Hugs, Dorthe

      Delete
  4. Looks lovely Dorthe, beautiful make
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, thank you very much !!
      Hugs, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  5. A really beautiful journal page Dorthe. The colours are lovely and the addition of the fabrics and the birds sitting on Lynne's lovely wildflower look gorgeous.
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fliss, thank you so much, I had to bring the crows :-)
      Hugs, xxx
      Dorthe

      Delete
  6. What a great project! I love your style! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ingrid , so sweet of you.
      Hugs, xxx
      Dorthe

      Delete
  7. This is gorgeous Dorthe, I love those crows, and the sacking looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, thank you- they are a dinly stencil from Laura- love them, too. :-)
      Hugs,xx- Dorthe

      Delete
  8. Dorthe, this is fabulous, a tiny bit spooky with the 12 o'clock and the crows - but I love that!! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you much for your kind visit Anne - Hugs, Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just amazing sweetest Dorthe, Anne is right about the spookiness as it lends an air of mystery to your lovely creation
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo beautifully creative Dorthe! I like the textures; and the interest that the stenciling gave it. Great work that always inspires : ) Thanks for sharing~ karen o

    ReplyDelete
  12. An absolutely delightful page Dorthe with those two lovely boys! The stamping and stencilling looks super and |I always love the textural elements you add! This is going to be one wonderful journal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This beautiful Dorthe!
    I just love the sacking and the embossing powder!
    Of course I do love Lynne's stamps on there as well-so well done my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook