Each Petal is a Flower Sharing Joy! by Dorthe Hansen

11:00


Here it is me, showing a new panel for this weeks Monday.

I started with a white greyboard panel, using the white side,
I stenciled the Decorative Flower stencil, using Texture Paste,
and leaving a free space in the middle panel. 
After dry I painted with Apricot paint, all over the panel, together
with diluted Light Pink, in some places, to make the tone more shadow-like.


I placed the flower stencil again and this time used the Texture Sand Paste,
to give a raised effect on some of the flowers. While this was left to dry,
I prepared a piece of corrugated cardboard from Laura`s papers, with the two
same paints - and also a greyboard tag was painted. 


To the tag I adhered a piece of old and painted book page, and then stenciled
a rose, from the Rose stencil, first with Texture Paste, then in some places with
the Sand Paste. When dry, I loosely painted some petals and drew around the petals, with a 
black fineliner, to define the rose a bit more. Also, the other flowers had a dot of Grey 
paint added to the centers.


Fabric remnants and old lace were added with touches of paint too and
all was layered on top of each other, in the middle panel.
I used a heavy string from a packet, folded under the tag and 
stamped an Affirmation on an old scrap of paper, cut in two and 
adhered to the tag. 


Around the edges of the panel and the tag, I carefully smeared 
black paint, I cut two holes on top and a piece of knitting thread was folded
and used through the holes, as a hanger.

This I guess, finished this romantic piece,  I hope you like it
and that you had the patience to follow me all the way to here.

Thank you dear friends,
Hugs and love
Dorthe 

Materials used:
From my stash: Old fabric and lace, heavy thread, knitting yarn

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Such beautiful artwork Dorthe. The subtle colour tones and the layered textures look so lovely and the rose is a gorgeous focal point.
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful neutrals with that fabulous rose centre piece, lovely
    Love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rose really is an amazing feature on the new style tag with it's old book page and I adore how you have used the decorative flowers stencil highlighting areas more than others. It's created a fabulous frame making it all flourish so beautifully Dorthe.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Dorthe, I always love old book pages on artwork xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much beauty in your stunning creation sweetest Dorthe, you really are the Queen of nature
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so utterly beautiful Dorthe! A really STUNNING creation. I know I keep saying that each time but I get lost for words....love it all.xxx hugs. ♥ Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dorthe my dear, I LOVE your beautiful style and this awesome composition! The layering and colors are absolutely perfect. Such a treat for the eyes today. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dear Dorthe!
    Your layers are on point every time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook