Shine Brightly by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
For this weeks Tuesday post I have worked with a That's Crafty! MDF #10 tag 


I love working on MDF especially as it's a great surface to really throw everything at.

Here's What I Did:

I started with the MDF #10 tag and I wanted to give it a look of really distressed and worn paint, to do that I had to build up several layers of different coloured paints. The first layer of paint I laid down was Black paint then White paint and then the Teal paint. I left the paint to totally dry before the next stage. I then sanded back areas of the paint to reveal the colour beneath in places sanding right down to the MDF surface this was to make the paint look really distressed. Onto this surface, and using a Stamping Platform, I stamped several AALL & Create stamps in black Versafine ink to build up the background design. I then heat dried the ink, Versafine is quite a slow drying ink on a painted surface, but I have found gives the best impression. Once the stamping was dry I then sanded back the stamped images to make those look distressed as well.  I added some red marks of Christmas Red paint with an old credit card and added some red shading to some of the stamped circles using a Distress Crayon and blending the crayon with my finger. I also added and blended Vintage Photo Distress Crayon around the edges of the tag.


I added the stars by stamping them onto a piece of card that I had coloured roughly with a brayer using the same paints as I had for the tag. I added touches of red and white paint. To tone down the white paint on the stars and make them tone is with the tag I blended in some Vintage Photo Distress Crayon blending it all over with some water. I then added them to the tag with 3D silicone gel glue.
I added a Tim Holtz quote chip that I had sanded the edges of and distressed again using Vintage Photo Distress Crayon.

Here's What I Used: 

That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Black, White, Christmas Red and Teal
Distress Crayons - Candied Apple & Vintage Photo
3D Silicone Gel Glue
Sandpaper
Old Credit Card
Tim Holtz Quote Chip

Have a great week and I'll be back next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Wow this is fabulous Amanda, great stamp and colour choices xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striking , and fantastic layers of tones, I love the circles , and how you toned them, Amanda.
    Hugs, Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Amanda, I love this technique it's such a therapeutic process. The pop of red is a genius addition to this magnificent piece. I love it. Versafine is my go to ink pad but the new tweaked version versafine Clair is becoming my new best friend!!
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this Amanda. Such amazing texture and detail and the colours are just gorgeous too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook