Large Mixed Media Tag by Melina Dahl

11:00

Hi!

It´s Melina here today sharing this large tag. 
Hope you are all fine and enjoying the summer.


Here´s what I did:


I use my gelli plate and print a thin layer of black paint onto a book page as a start. 
I glue the paper down to my tag.
I have already used that background for another project, so the half flower to the left is 
the leftover from that tag. The black don´t go all the way to the right edge, 
so I add Bright Magenta to that part of the tag.
I use several That´s Crafty stencils and Multi surface paints in Bright Magenta, 
Apricot, Lime, Mint and Lavender to add some patterns to the background.
I outline the pink stencilled flowers with a white Posca pen.


Using the stencil I add two flowers to the tag using Sandstone as a first layer.


I add details to the flowers using white, black, yellow, orange and 
green Posca pens/acrylic markers.


I make splatters with diluted white gesso and add some more tiny 
details to the flowers using a black fineliner pen. I also go around the tag with 
both white and black pen to frame it.


Finally I stencil the quote, using Black Multi surface paint and 
one of the new fabulous quote stencils, on a piece of white cardstock. 
I cut it out and add to the tag. I go around the words with the black fineliner pen.


Hope you liked my colourful and bold tag today!
Thank you so much for stopping by,
xo Melina

Products used:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. An absolutely beautiful tag Melina, so colourful and rich in detail. The flowers all look gorgeous with the doodled white and black for definition.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful summery tag, loving all the layers
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such amazing tag, dear Melina- love your background, with all that`s going on there- and the daisies are so beautiful on top-
    Hugs, Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Melina, I love it's design and the pop of pink along the edge. Your Daisies are beautiful.
    Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Melina, I love that mini flower stencil xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word Melina this is just perfection, absolutely love this stunner
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook