Not Any Ordinary Stamp by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
I would like to share with you today a tag I have made using a gift of stamps that I received last week. Now, these aren't any ordinary stamps, these stamps are hand carved by my very special friend and That's Crafty! team mate, Donna Gray. 

How fabulous is that bird?

Here's what I Did:

The background for the tag was a bit of an experiment, you know when you have an idea and just have to try it? well this is one of those occasions. I don't know about you but I collect up all the scrapings of dried up paint from my craft mat and keep them in a pot, please let me know that it's not just me??


Anyway I was wondering what would happen if I mixed those paint scrapings with That's Crafty! Gloss Gel Medium.


Once I had my mixture I stencilled it onto a white card tag using a That's Crafty! Stencil and left it to dry. Once dry I sprayed onto the tag with 3 colours of That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays.


Well it created an interesting effect?? There is dimension to the tag using the gel that the picture doesn't capture.

Using that as my background I stamped the bird stamp, carved by Donna, onto some mixed media card and coloured it using the same Flat Matte Sprays but this time applying them to the image with a water brush, blending the colours together. It was then cut out. 


The small circle stamp was also carved by Donna and each one was splashed with a separate colour of the Flat Matte Spray and again cut out. 
To put the tag all together I added some washi tape and stitched over it with several rows. I added a die cut in black cut using a Seth Apter die. The sentiment is a Tim Holtz Snarky Chat sticker which I cut up and added to black card before glueing to the tag. The tag was then mounted onto black card. 

Here's What I Used:

Tag #8 - (I used a self cut one in white card) but loads on the website HERE
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays - Saffron, Orange, Aqua
Seth Apter Spellbinder Die - Splatter Proof
Washi tape from my stash but others designs available HERE
Stamp Carving Kit incase you fancy carving your own stamps like Donna
That's Crafty! Stamps designed by Donna Gray - if you would like to buy one of Donna's 18 sets 
Black Card
Paint Scrapings 
Sewing Machine
Have a fabulous week and I'll see you next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, adore how you used the bits of left over paint, wodmerful idea and amazing colours. Fantastic ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your use of Charlie Chicken CC, he’s absolutely made for you. Interesting idea about the paint scrapings, never tried that but it looks fantastic 😍😍😍
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna creates wonderful stamps, and you put Charlie Chicken in the most fantastic place. A gorgeous tag Amanda, and the paint bits makes a wonderful background , sorry, LOL- but never thought of saving them :-)
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Amanda! Amazing use of those paint scraps and love all that fab detail and texture and the colours are so bright and beautiful.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome, so cool! Love it! No, never get any paint scraps... they end up beeing mopped up in my journal before they have a chance to dry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet gift from Donna, Charlie is a cutie. There is a name for those scraps of paint but this early in the morning their name eludes me. Fab tag creation so bright and cheerful. Keep on saving those thingy ma bobs..!
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your gorgeous happy tag Amanda, and you are not alone in keeping your paint scrapings lol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous background and I love that this tag is a coming together of you and Donna's friendship. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook