Flutter Your Feathers by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello! I have another tag to share this week as I seem to be addicted to them at the moment! This one being cool in blues, the perfect antidote to the current heatwave we seem to have here in the UK at the moment.

Step by Step

I chose to use the largest white/greyboard tag and coloured this by adding dabs of multi surface paint near the top (I used bright blue, light blue and white), spreading the colour down the tag with an old store card. I repeated this step until the tag was covered, messy but great fun!

I next added some stencilling for detail, starting with the feathers Dinky stencil and bright blue multi surface paint in opposite corners. I then used the distressed harlequin background Dinky stencil with white multi surface paint randomly over the painted background.

I decided to add some more detail so painted lines round the right hand edges of the diamond shapes with mustard yellow multi surface paint. I drew around the feather shapes with a white Posca pen, adding more detail with the same pen plus a black Posca pen and purple multi surface paint.

I painted a white/greyboard match for my bird stamp with purple, lavender and mustard yellow multi surface paints, then stamped the bird on top with black pigment ink and hat embossed it with clear powder. I then added a little more detail with my Zig clean color pens.

I glued my painted bird to the background, then stamped my chosen affirmation on a scrap of mixed media paper with Archival Cobalt ink and cut this into tiles, gluing to the tag. I finished off with a scrap of toning wire ribbon tied through the top.

Supplies: 

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Fanciful Flowers Set 2
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lynne's Affirmations Set 3
That's Crafty! White/Greyboard Matches - Fanciful Flowers Set 2
That's Crafty! Surfaces - Size 10 White/Greyboard Tag
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Feathers, Distressed Harlequin Background
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Bright Blue, Lavender, Light Blue, Mustard Yellow, Purple, White
Memento Paris Dusk Dye Ink
VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Posca Pens - Black and White
Extra - Scrap of blue wired ribbon


Have a great weekend hopefully enjoying the sunshine and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Beautiful tag with lots of movement and lovely cool blues. Your bird is just gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag! We have really hot and dry weather in Sweden too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag. Thankfully we’ve had rain!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour blue Fliss, always so fresh looking and fits with every season. Love the extra detail within those stencils feathers and your wee birdy looks so happy fluttering around them. Beautiful.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Fliss, I love your cool colours and the sentiment is perfect for your happy bird xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous Tropical feel to this tag, it has a perfectly summery feel to it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love the bright happiness from your beautiful tag Fliss
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Fliss, a lovely tag, -beautiful and bright with the feathers fluttering and that amazing bird- my friend. Lov e the background, too .
    Hugs, Dorthe xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook