Sing - A Mixed Media Tag by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I hope everyone is managing to keep cool in the current heatwave and today I have a nature themed tag to share as I was thinking of the bottom of our garden which has lots of shade due to the dense shrubbery and trees. It's the coolest area of our garden and lovely to sit in too.

Step By Step

I've used the largest size white/greyboard tag for this artwork and coloured the background by adding blobs of multi surface paints in shades of blue, green, brown and yellow which I then scraped down the tag with an old store card. I followed this with water misted on and allowed the colour to run and drip. Some of the colour disappeared apart from small streaks but it did give a lovely forest effect.

I then took the lovely fern stencil and added fern leaves with buttercup multi surface paint, using the stencil to make the leaves go across the bottom and up the sides of the painted background. Once the paint was dry, I toned it down a little by placing the stencil over the painted fern and sponged the tips of the leaves with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink.


I made a focal panel for my tag by using the finches stencil to add a little bird to a piece of calico with chestnut brown multi surface paint. I then stamped on some wild flowers from one of Lynne's sets with VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink. This gave quite a soft look on the calico but made the bird really pop.

I ironed Bondaweb on the back of the panel and then ironed it to some thick interlining to give stability. I trimmed the top and bottom edges with my pinking shears.


I stamped my chosen affirmation on a scrap of hand decorated paper from my bits box using Potting Soil ink and cut the individual words out. I glued my panel to the tag and finished off with my word tiles.

Supplies:

Calico - There's some in the fab Mixed Media Pack with tons of other materials
Extras - Scrap of paper from my stash, Pinking Shears, Bondaweb, Thick Interlining Fabric

So there you have a little more inspiration for our current Close to Nature Challenge and there's still time to enter for some fab prizes if you haven't yet joined in.

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Gorgeous Fliss, love the leaves, perfect for the gorgeous focal image ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fern leaves really stand out against that fab background Fliss. Sweet little bird too.
    Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so gorgeous,- beautiful, and almost serene. So love your fern leaves, on the green bac kground, and the birdie"postmark" is a wonderful idea- so lovely with Lynnes stamp so duse, in the tones. I think it is fabulous !!
    Hugs to you dear, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fern leaves look great, and stamping on the calico a lovely touch
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag! Lovely nature themed piece <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Fliss, really striking xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook