These Wings by Dorthe Hansen

11:00

Still a very hot week here in Denmark, and
still no rain BUT as it is Monday I`m here with a new creation for
That`s Blogging Crafty!

This time I used one of the most loved MDF hearts, to built up my story.
It was painted white and let to dry.
One of the new mini Rounds was then stenciled using the center
of the beautiful Mandala stencil using Texture Paste and
in the same time I stenciled the words using Texture Sand Paste onto an old paper scrap.


After heart and round were dry, I sprayed the Red Lustre Spray, onto
both, diluting it with water, which made it softer in the tone. A pair of 
greyboard wings, were also painted with the spray and because of the
grey tone, the color kind of also changed to pink. 
The heart was also painted over with the lovely Interference Gold in some places.


I found a piece of fabric in my stash, which had the perfect color but you could also 
use the spray to color a piece. Onto it, I stamped Ingrid`s new beautiful
flower stamp, using Archival ink. And directly to the heart I stamped a part of the lovely 
sprig from the same stamp set. 

From a coming soon product - Walnut Ink Crystals, I mixed a few crystals with water and painted it over the Round and also gave the leaves on the sprig the same tone. While at it
a piece of tulle was placed in the rest of the solution, to get a lovely tone too.


Onto the round I placed a womans head, cut from one of the paper dolls and the wings 
were adhered, together with a piece of tulle. It was adhered to the heart, on left side.
The flowers were fussy cut and one was placed with a tulle piece - cut to fit, under the
Round, the other next to the sprig and cut to fit the heart form.
Pieces of sprayed old book paper, were adhered to upper bow of heart and to the bottom and on top of them, the beautiful words, cut to fit and the tulle onto left bow.

Wow this was much writing, lol, I hope you are still here :-)

I wish you a lovely week
Hugs and love 
Dorthe 

Products used:

From my stash: Tulle- old book page- old paper 

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. A beautiful heart Dorthe, you can see how much love and attention you have brought to this. Your use of the lustre spray within those stencilled areas really captures it's glisten.
    Big Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, hello , and thank you so much for visiting , dear- also for your lovely comment.
      Big hugs to you,
      Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely romantic piece Dorthe. Love the romantic colour palette too. Love the stencilled detail areas too. Tracy ❤️❤️


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, thank you so much , for your lovely visit ! <3 <3
      Hugs, Dorthe

      Delete
  3. Glad I followed your trail over here. Such a very, very pretty piece. i love this particular paper doll her expression is so complex Its easy to imagine all sorts of thoughts for her. I love that you add your stash as a place for products. Your stash does become a unique eclectic suppler over time doesn't it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, - I just visited your blog, and am going to follow you, it looks gorgeous there. And yes, the stash is a very important part of my creations , and I think , that often the stashes are what makes a creation more special :-) x

      Delete
  4. "These wings belong to me" … I love that sentiment!!!!! Everything you've done to this piece is just out of this world and perfect. Thanks, Dorthe, for brightening my day.

    Hugs!
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sue, thank you for your loving words, I treasure them, you know,-
      Hugs to you,
      Dorthe xo

      Delete
  5. I love this Dorthe!!! You just keep getting better and better, hard as that is to imagine. Its terribly hot and humid here. in the 90s everyday with daily torrential rain and lightening storms. Typical summer in Florida on the slow coast. love u friend, Your Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin , dear friend- you say such kind words to me, thank you mountain-sister .
      It sounds terrible with the weather you have , hot and humid here too, but no rain at all, not even drops . Love you, too Robin.

      Delete
  6. Such an amazingly beautiful creation Dorthe. So many lovely details and textures are a feast for the eyes and the soft colours are just gorgeous.
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Fliss, so lovely of you, and I appreciate it very much .
      Dorthe xxx

      Delete
  7. A beautifully created heart Dorthe, shabby chic at its best
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Amanda , -I love shabby chic :-)
      Hugs,
      Dorthe xx

      Delete
  8. Simply lovely - the soft vintage tones and fabulous textures make this really special.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful Dorthe, I love how the red lustre spray has changed into the soft pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Dorthe! So soft and elegant 💕

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful and atmospheric masterpiece sweetest Dorthe, I love popping over here to see the magic ❤️
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely and most beautiful created heart this is - all so wonderful put together with so much care and the perfect hand for layering and design... A little masterpiece dear Dorthe! Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Dorthe!! I am in LOVE! This is now my new favorite piece! I love these hearts and you turned this one into a work of love!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook