Art in the Round by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
I hope this Tuesday finds you well in this current snowy cold spell we find ourselves in. 
I'm sharing with you this week the ATC coins and coin holder that I made to support the launch, on Hochanda TV, of the latest release of ATC coin stamps designed by Melina and a further collection of ATC coin stencils all intended to support the latest craze of producing tiny pieces of art in the round, the ATC Coin and fabulous storage solutions to house them all.



Here's What I Did:

I started by preparing the storage tray which comes in perfectly engineered MDF pieces and goes together a dream and just needs a few spots of glue and it's built. I then painted it with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose paints so need to gesso it first, the inside was Christmas Red my favourite red paint (and I have a lot of reds!) I then gave the outside a couple of coats of White Multi Purpose paint and then using the black paint stencilled through one of the new ATC stencils to create the striped finish. Onto a piece of stamping card I stamped the flowers, designed by Melina, and coloured them with a mixture of Zig brush pens and alcohol markers and then cut them out and added them to the outside of my storage tray. The entire piece was then given a coat of matt medium to protect. 

I then set about making up a collection of the coins on a selection of the mediums available, the coins come in MDF, Greyboard and Grey & White board all with take whatever you want to throw at them. 


The ATC coins are all made using That's Crafty! paints, zig markers and Alcohol markers for decorating and all stamped images come from the latest collection by Melina. Stencil dimension on some of the coins have been created using That's Crafty! Light Texture Paste. Further embelishments added come from the latest additions to the Wycinanka chipboard range (the latest additions will be added to the website shortly). 

If I had to pick a favourite I just love the eye stamp but my favourite make from this collection of coins form me is this one


It uses the ATC coin stencil Cog which I have stencilled on using That's Crafty! Light Texture Paste and gave a layer of Grey Multi Surface Paint and then sponged on randomly the rust effect using Chestnut, Orange and Teal. The centre is one of the new embellishments from Wycinanka which I painted yellow and added the chestnut to rust it up and finally a little chipboard heart. Sentiment is a Tim Holtz Chit Chat sticker.
This collection is only my interpretation of these stamps yours could be so different.

Here's What I Used:

If you haven't joined in with the latest craze that is ATC coins That's Crafty! have all you need to start you off on your journey of your little art creations in the round. I hope I've given you a little inspiration to give it a go.
Have a fabulous week and I will see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Amanda, you are such an Enabler!! I bought the large wall holder after seeing your flag one and now I think I 'need' this holder. You have decorated it beautifully and your coins are just fabulous! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful collection of striking artwork Amanda. So very colourful and full of amazing detail.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second your favourite - what a fabulous coin, full of texture and rusty colours. The whole collection looks so great in that beautifully decorated box. Love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful box and coin collections Amanda. I LOVE bright colour so my favourite has to be middle row on the right. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook