Perfect Moment by Gill Humphrey

11:00


Sometimes when you are in the midst of Christmas projects and the weather is dreary I get the urge to create something pretty and feminine and so the idea for this make was spawned. I started by taking a driftwood MDF base and painting it with white gesso. Once this had dried I mixed some of the Bright Magenta Multi Surface Paint with some white gesso until I felt I had a shade that would complement my chosen papers and then covered the gessoed MDF. Once this layer had dried I applied That's Crafty! Crackle Glaze. Once dried again I added a layer of Mint Multi Surface Paint using as few a strokes as possible and taking care not to go back over areas.

  

I chose floral chipboards by 13 Arts and coloured these using a mixture of my mixed magenta/white paint and Deep Green Satin Ink blending the colours as shown below

Whilst things were drying I cut out elements from both the 8 x 8 and 12 x 12 Stamperia Hortensia paper collection. Adhering my focal female image, a bird, dragon fly and butterflies onto stone paper; this paper is really robust and allows the paper to be shaped and more durable in the long run. Once my base and chipboards were dry I played about with placement and then decided that my background needed some extra interest. I chose a stamp with text in the background - The Cage by 13 Arts and aco-ordinating ink - Dusty Concord Distress Oxide inking up only the text areas and applying without mounting my stamp on a block.

I added my base layer of papers and the chipboards using Multi Purpose glue.

I then shaped my focal lady image using my hands and then adhered this in place with silicone glue. Tucking in lots of floral elements to create a collage of images that was pleasing to my eye.

I added the butterflies and birds using Gel Medium by 13 Arts and then used a sponge applicator to add Dusty Concord ink around my piece anchoring the lady's torso to the frame.

Finally I chose a chipboard sentiment by 13 Arts , the one I used is not in stock but there are lots of other amazing chipboards by 13 arts to chose from on the website choosing to emboss it with Stampendous shabby blue powder before adhering in place.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook