Mixed Media Butterflies by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone  and Welcome 

For my regular DT post this week I have created a  piece of 'Stamp Block Art' that features some of Tim Holtz Distress inks and a lovely Carabelle stamp: 'Mixed Media Butterflies' designed by Birgit Koopsen.

The stamp block can be displayed on a flat surface, either way round as the creativity on one face of the stamp block is mirrored on the other, give or take a few inevitable creative nuances. 

One face....

 
and the other 


For both of the small background panels I created a larger 'wrinkle free distress' background that I cut into two and adhered to greyboard panels (cut to size).  I used Tim Holtz Distress inks: Wilted Violet, Carved Pumpkin, Twisted Citron. 
I  stamped the Carabelle Studio Stamp: 'Mixed Media Butterflies' on to each background, stamping with versafine ink. 
A few splatters of  white paint and the background panels were set aside while I created the dimensional butterflies. 

On white card I stamped the 'Mixed Media Butterflies' stamp 2 times so I had 6 butterflies in total. 
The butterflies were watercoloured with the same distress inks mentioned above using different colour variations for each one. 
The butterflies were fussy cut, white highlights added, the wings gently manipulated and each one was adhered to the matching butterfly on the background panels. 
 



Their thoraces were embellished with tiny black gem beads.


The stamp block itself is exactly that - a wooden stamp block!
I treated it to a couple of coats of PaperArtsy Little Black Dress Fresco Finish acrylic and adhered one of the two butterfly panels to each face. 

As a finishing touch I added a metal finial to the top of the block.
 


When the block is viewed from the top or the sides the dimension of the butterflies and the finished piece can be fully appreciated. 





Products I used: 

Stamping Block 
Metal knob 
Paper Trimmer

Hope you've enjoy todays dose of creativity- thanks so much  for stopping by and spending some time with me. 
have a lovely week and see you again soon 
Take Care and Stay Safe 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook