Autumn Crackle by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

Today is a very exciting day at That's Crafty! towers as there is a One Day Special starting at 6pm tonight on Hochanda and don't miss the shows for some amazing autumnal products including stamps, stencils, MDF substrates, craftyboard and more all up for grabs at amazing prices.

Step by Step:

This is one of the samples I created and I decided to share it this week as I love autumn colour and the crackle effect on there which was a bit of an experiment with crackle glaze and more than one colour which I've never tried before but will be doing again as I loved it! So much in fact that I've also done it on paper and that worked a treat too.

My substrate is an MDF Skinnie, the 4 x 6 ins size and I assembled this first using That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive. I then painted the front with black gesso. Once it was dry I painted on a fairly thick coat of Crackle Glaze.

Once the glaze was tacky (quite important as too dry and it won't work and too wet and you get a bit of a sticky mess so tacky is best), I roughly smeared on 3 shades of Multi Surface Paint, starting with Grey added randomly, then following with Light Blue and finally Orange and after a few moments the crackle began. I was really pleased with how well it came out.


My leaf embellishments were all stamped onto paper which had been misted with various shades of Flat Matte Spray including some of my ever useful ink spray overflow sheets as I always place the paper I'm spraying through stencils with on a larger blank sheet to catch all that lovely excess spray. I also use it to mop up any that has reached my large glass craft mat.


As you can see from the photo above, you get lots of variations in colour which are just perfect for nature themed projects and came in very handy for my autumnal samples.

I glued on my chosen leaves in spray form and added some dried curly moss in a lovely shade of brown that was lurking in my stash from my days of making dried floral creations.

I finished off with the autumn text which was stamped on a further scrap of overflow paper.

Supplies:

Dried Curly Moss

Have a great weekend and don't forget to watch the Hochanda shows for some fab inspiration from the lovely Jo Channon as always and lots of amazing samples from the Design Team too.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook