Catch a Moment by Gill Humphrey

11:00


Do you buy having been inspired by a make you have seen on the television and then when the goodies arrive have no clue what you want to do with it? It's a feeling I think many crafter's have and so today I am sharing a make with some of the Grungy Shrooms by Melina Dahl by That's Crafty! I have used a number of mixed media techniques to create my background and focal images plus moss, twiggy bits, berries and cute birds from my own stash.

To create the background I started with an 8" round  MDF panel and applied texture paste through  the That's Crafty! Tree Bark stencil. Once the paste had dried I coloured my panel with Urgup paint by Rich Craft before adding scraps of  rice paper by Craft O'Clock. 


I then swiped Speckled Egg Distress Oxide over the panel before edging with brown Stazon taking the ink over some of the textural elements at the same time.  


I stamped some of the grungy shrooms on to dictionary paper  and   a piece of paper from Time of Reflection by Craft O'Clock using Pinecone Versafine Clair ink before embossing with clear embossing powder. The images were then fussy cut out - I subsequently decided not to use the shrooms on the Time of Relection paper as I felt they made the final piece too busy - you could of course use them instead of the clay mushrooms that I have used.


To make the clay mushrooms I rolled out air dry clay and pushed the stamp into it to leave the impression. I then used a clay knife to cut around my images and let them dry before colouring with the Urgup paint and then overspraying with Redwood Flat Matte Spray dabbing off the excess on the surface but leaving plenty of the spray in the recesses.


Having created my background, stamped and clay images I layered them in place using gel medium before adding my moss, twingy bits and birds. Finally I added a sentiment that I felt was appropriate.


I do hope you find this tutorial helpful and look forward to seeing your makes with these products.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook