Moon Burst by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone and Welcome 

This week I have created  a layered mixed media art panel to share with you today.  It was born from a few leftover  pieces I had lying around my desk after creating last week project (see here or here) and some time well spent gel printing. I say 'well spent' as I was pleased with all the prints I pulled, which so often isn't the case!!  


I worked with a gelli plate, white card and Dina Wakley heavy body acrylics to create my gelli prints.  For the square background print my colour palette was Turquoise, Lemon, Lapis and Night. The circles and lines were created with items close to hand i.e lids/ bottle tops, rulers, old credit cards/ store cards. Circle and line stamps or stencils could be used instead. 


For the round background print I omitted the lemon and lines.  


The prints were cut to size to fit a That's Crafty! 6x6 White Greyboard panel (the background) and a That's Crafty! Greyboard round (the focal circle).  

To both I  added some detail stamping using PaperArtsy mini stamp MN108 with archival ink... 


.....along with some textured stenciling using a couple of That's Crafty! stencils with Tim Holtz distress texture paste.  
Around the sides of the background panel I used That's Crafty! numbers stencil... 

....and in the centre of the 4 inch round I used That's Crafty! 'Burst' dinky stencil.  
Plenty of white paint was splattered around too.
The  focal moon and die cut were leftovers from last weeks project. 
The moon was created with  Finnabairs mould 'Stars and Moons' and plaster of paris and the 'Rays' were courtesy of a Seth Apter 'Sunburst' die cut. 
Both were painted with PaperArtsy Snowflake Fresco Acrylic, the moon tinted lightly with PaperArtsy Iceberg Fresco.  

 
 To finish off I embellished the 4 background corners with pieces cut from another 'Sunburst' die cut. 
 

I think I may add a few simple words at some point but as yet I don't seem to have 'just the ones'.  



Products I used: 

Ruler
Bottle tops/ lids  
Paper Trimmer
Paint Brush


I hope you have enjoyed your time here with me today. Thanks for stopping by . 
Have a lovely creative week 
Take care 
Amanda 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook