Home is the Key by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


 Hello!

I'm sharing another of the samples that I created for the Hochanda shows last week and this one resonates particularly with the current stay at home situation the pandemic has left us in.

 

Step by Step

The first step was to give my key a rather distressed and aged look so I painted the entire surface first with black gesso to form an undercoat for the next layers.

The next step was to smear the surface with Texture Sand Paste which I applied by adding blobs with a spatula and then roughly spread the paste with my fingers - rather messy but it gives a much more natural aged effect.

Once the paste was dry, I took several shades of Multi Surface Paint - Chestnut Brown, Green, Grey and Orange - dabbing on each colour in patches until the surface was covered. I then misted on a little water to make the paints run and spread a bit to give a lovely rusted finish.


I then set about creating the embellishments I wanted to add, starting by stamping several of the lilies from the In The Garden stamp set on smooth paper with black ink and painted them with Orange and Yellow Satin Inks. I then stamped the larger house key on smooth paper and coloured this with a mix of Zig Clean Color brush pens and Satin Inks. I cut this out and glued it onto the larger Craftyboard house key which is happily matching in size.


I arranged my embellishments as I wanted them to look and then glued them in place with a mix of That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive and 3D dimensional glue.

I finished off with the home text as shown in the photo above.

Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook