Textured Shrooms by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello and welcome to my post for this week which is all about texture and my tag has tons on it! It's actually easier to create than you might think too so read on to find out how it was made.

Step by Step:

I chose one of the MDF tags as my substrate for this and the first step was to use Hex Net A4 stencil to apply white texture paste to the surface.

Once this layer was dry, I used the new Shrooms stencil again with white texture paste to add a couple of shroom shapes to the background. I applied the paste very roughly for a chunky, textured look.

I then took a variety of embellishments from my stash - choosing a couple of metal charms, some buttons, a few scraps of mesh and a flower shaped gem. I stuck these on with the texture paste and once they were all completely dry, brushed them with white gesso to blend them to the background. I added some more texture paste to the tag with a spatula, roughly peaking it just like rough cake frosting!


I next took some Flat Matte Sprays choosing Aqua, Basil and Rose and misting them on lightly. I followed this up with Blue, Lime and Pink Lustre sprays.

Once the sprays were dry, I dry brushed round the edges of the tag, the outsides of the shrooms and the embellishments with diluted Chestnut Brown and Antique Gold Multi Surface paints. This made the edges and embellishing really pop.


I prepared my main embellishment - a shroom of course - by taking a Craftyboard shroom in a similar design to the stencilled shrooms and added a pattern to it with the matching inner piece and white texture paste and once it was dry, painted it with diluted Multi Surface Paints, using Chestnut Brown, Light Pink, Magenta and Sandstone.


I glued the finished shroom on the tag with 3D adhesive, the final touches being some stamped text and a scrap of recycled sari ribbon.

Supplies:

Selection of Embellishments such as Buttons, Charms etc
3D Glue
Scrap of Sari Silk Ribbon

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook