THX by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone and Welcome 

Hope you all had a safe and peaceful christmas and here's hoping the New Year will be kind to you and yours and keep you all safe and well. 

I'm kicking off my creativity for Thats Crafty! this year with a few thank you cards that I have created in my usual grungy mixed media style using a mix of Thats Crafty!, PaperArtsy, Carabelle Studio and AAll and Create products.  

I created 3 cards to share today and as you will notice all 3 have similarities but I've tweaked each of their designs slightly to give them their own personality. 

 Card 1 


Card 2


Card 3


The backgrounds of each card were cut from a masterboard that I created using washi tape, paints, stamps and inks. 


I covered a piece of mixed media paper with AAll and Creates washi tape 'Tear, Cut, Layer' designed by Tracy Evans.  I 'knocked back' some of the print on the washi by brayering with PaperArtsy fresco finish paint 'hint of mint'.  Then using a blue and white palette of Crispy Blue, Azure, Double Denim, Snowflake) I added layers of colour. 

 For extra detail I added some ink stamping. 
The stamps I used were from That's Crafty Textures collection set 2, AAll and Create #443 Digital Bubbles designed by Bipasha BK, PaperArtsy Eclectica ESA13, ESA18 and a mini EM41 all designed by Seth Apter.   
The inks used were Archival and Distress Archival.
A few close ups may help you identify some of the individual stamps through the layers. 

  

The masterboard was cut into individual panels to create my cards. 


All three cards had ink stamped circle elements added around the backgrounds.
For these I used Carabelle studio 'Textured Circles' stampset designed by Birgit Koopsen.... 


....  and the small circle stamp from PaperArtsy Eclectica ESA13designed by Seth Apter. 


On two of the cards I featured a painted That's Crafty!  'Cogtastic' Craftyboard piece embellished with a metal mini gear alongside the sentiment 'Thanks'. 
This was either stamped out using the letters from That's Craftys Alphabet stampset.... 


......or abbreviated to 'THX' using painted That's Crafty! Craftyboard Alphabet 2


 As I only had the two 'Cogtastic' Craftyboard pieces I featured just the ink stamped circles and Craftyboard Alphabet 2 'THX' to the third card.


The panels were then matt n layered on white and black card and finally mounted onto white handmade cards.  



Products I used: 
Mixed Media paper
PaperArtsy Mini Stamps EM41
Tim Holtz Ideology: Mini Gears 
Paper Trimmer

Thanks for stopping by today. 
Hope you'll find time to engage in some creativity during the coming week 
See you again soon.
Take care 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook