Home by Gill Humphrey

11:00


We may have been in our homes for a long time, about to move or know someone who is moving soon and so I thought it would be a good idea to create a plaque to celebrate our homes - the place of sanctuary from the madness of the world around us - a place filled with love and may be a place filled with lots of nicnaks collected over the years. I have chosen a grungy theme for my make but change the papers and the shroom stamps to a different set and you can easily adapt this to fit its intended recipients style.

I started my make by selecting the arch topped tag from the big tags set and applied a coat of That's Crafty! white gesso. When the gesso had dried I covered the entire tag with a layer of Chestnut Brown Multi Surface Paint and once dried followed it with a layer of  That's Crafty! Crackle Glaze. The Crackle Glaze is best left to dry naturally before adding a  further layer of paint, this time using Alacanti paint by Rich Hobby.

To create my shrooms using the Shrooms 1 and Shrooms 2 Craftyboards I chose the co-ordinating   appling Gel Medium through the co-ordinating Shrooms stencil set and leaving to dry before adding colour using Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks. the areas with the gel medium in resist the ink so you get two toned shrooms.

I stamped several of the different shrooms from the Grungy Shrooms stamp set on to paper scraps from the Time of Reflection by Craft O'Clock using Pinecone Versafine Clair ink and then heat set the images with clear embossing powder before cutting out. 

Before assembling my pieces I added some grungy numbers by selectively inking with Vintage Photo ink the shroom stamp with the numbers in its stalk randomly to the tag base along side the title of my piece which comes from the same stamp set.

I added the Craftyboard Shrooms to the background using Gel Medium to adhere in place and then added my fussy cut paper shrooms varying the depth of these by using pieces of left over Craftyboard. To ground the shrooms I then added Art Stones and Gritty Bitz using Gel Medium to secure in place.

I do hope you have enjoyed this piece and will experiment with mixed media makes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook