Secret Place by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone
Blimey it's cold here in the UK as I am writing this post so hopefully todays post from me takes you to a place that is a little warmer. I am sharing another piece using Melina's fabulous shroom stamps, this piece was one of the samples that I created for the Hochanda launch of the stamp sets.


Here's What I Did:

My starting substrate was a MDF circle from That's Crafty! pack of 15 circles this is the largest at 8". I then covered the circle with a piece of watercolour cardstock which I added to the panel using That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive, once added to the panel I smooth the glue out by rolling a brayer over the surface this also pushes out any excess glue and makes sure the glue gets to all the edges. I then sprayed That's Crafty! Flat Matte sprays onto the card blues at the top and green & yellow on the bottom to start building up the scene. Once they were dry I added some depth to the background in the green using Distress inks and blender and a torn piece of paper. To add further interest the trees were added again using Distress ink through a That's Crafty! stencil.

Once the background was complete I stamped the images directly onto the background with Versafine Clair Ink Pad and allowed that to dry. I then removed all the colour of the background within the stamped images using bleach and a paint brush. Once I had removed a fair amount of it I then recoloured all the stamped images with Zig colour clean pens. All the coloured images then got a lot of touch up with a white Posca pen to add contrast and highlights.


Last touch to the piece was to heat emboss the words Home Sweet Home using white embossing powder.

Here's What I Used:

                                   Have a great week, Stay Safe, and I will see you all next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook