Back to Nature by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

Welcome to my post this week which features  another of the keys I created for the recent Hochanda One Day Special. I really loved distressing it up and adding touches of rust to give the effect of an old key that might open a secret garden hidden away somewhere.

Step by Step:

The first step was to give my key an aged rusty and distressed look so I again painted the whole surface with black gesso. I then added dabs of Sand Texture Paste and smeared it for a shabby effect with my fingers.

Once it was dry, I set about giving it the rusty treatment with several shades of Multi Surface Paints which were dabbed on rather than brushed. I started with Grey, followed by Orange, then Chestnut Brown, Teal and Green. I then dry brushed Antique Gold on the textured areas.


I stamped some butterflies from the garden key set on smooth stamping paper with black ink and coloured them with Satin Inks, using Blue, Turquoise and Violet. I cut them out and prepared them to add to the key.

I wrapped some rusty wire around the top and bottom of the stem section of the key and glued the butterflies on going up the key to the top.


The finishing touch was to add my chosen text on a scrap of paper coloured with Violet Satin Ink and to twist a piece of rusty wire through the hole at the top to hang the key up with.

Supplies:

Rusty Wire 

Have a great and hopefully crafty weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook