Choose to Shine by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone and welcome 

Today I  am sharing a mixed media art panel that I've created using That's Crafty, Dina Wakley, PaperArtsy and Prima products.  it could also be purposed as an 'art card' (a piece of art sent as a card/ gift)  or used as a journal/ notebook/ diary cover. 


I worked on  4x4 inch square of mixed media paper 
To begin I scored the paper with lines( rays) using a bone folder and ruler, working from the centre out 


I then added colour using some of Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylics ( Ruby, Cheddar, Lemon) applying them one at a time, gradually building up layers and depth of colour variation.   
To finish off  I defined the scored lines (rays) and all sides of the square panel with black acrylic paint.  
 

The panel was then adhered to a That's Crafty! White Greyboard 4x4inch panel and some stamping detail added. I used the long stamp from PaperArtsy Eclectica ESA16 designed by Seth Apter with archival ink.  


For the focal feature I created a plaster of paris star using Finnabair Prima Decor Mould 'Stars and Moons'.  I painted the star with black acrylic paint, roughly catching the prominent features with Dina's heavy body acrylics (Ruby, Lemon)
The star was positioned on a greyboard circle that I treated to some grit paste touched with colour.  The centre of the star was embellished with a Tim Holtz machinery head coloured with alcohol ink. (Pitch Black, Sunshine Yellow). 


To frame the focal feature I used a painted die cut, the die being one of Seth Apters Spellbinder dies. 
The mounted star adds great dimension to the art panel. 


To finish off my mixed media art panel I added a sentiment courtesy of a Tim Holtz small talk sticker.
Choose To..... 


 ....Shine



Products I used: 


Thanks for joining me today. 
I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by and any comments you wish to leave.  
Hope you find time for some creativity in the coming week 
Take care and Stay safe 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook