Key to the Door - An Artist Trading Block by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 


Hello!

I have an artist trading block on a home theme to share this week created with some of the gorgeous stamps from the keys collection by Melina Dahl which are so versatile for all sorts of occasions.

Step by Step

I decided to cover my block with papers created from my ever growing stash of ink spray mop ups as when I'm spraying through a mask or stencil I always have an overflow sheet underneath to catch excess spray as I don't like wasting it!

I chose papers in shades of yellow, blue and green and stamped on the yellow and blue ones with one of the text stamps from the house key set using toning inks. The green papers had a touch of blue on and I misted them with basil flat matte spray through a mask.

I stamped several rows of the houses that are on the larger key in the house key set using black ink. I coloured them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and cut them out. I also stamped a lock and key (with the houses masked off) plus some of the lovely flowers and butterflies from the In The Garden set and coloured those too.

I assembled my block adding houses in layers on the green sides and flowers and butterflies on the blue sides. I put a lock and key on the top which had yellow paper and used satin inks to give the embellishments a sheen.

I added some text to finish them off.







Supplies:

Scraps of inky paper
 
Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 
Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook