Love What You Do by Gill Humphrey

11:00


I am back with my regular Wednesday blog posts having just about recovered from a broken wrist and I think the sentiment of this piece sums things up pretty well as I am most definitely back loving what I do with pretty papers, paints and embellishments.
 
The base of this piece is a Decorative Top MDF Upright which was primed with That's Crafty! White Gesso before painting with Urgup Chalk Paint by Rich. I then added Aztec Gold Metallic Paint through the Dear Diary Stencil by Stamperia stencil using a stencil brush.

I created the frame using  air dry clay and a Stamperia frame mould. Whilst the mould I used is not available there are several other frame moulds that would work just as well - A4 frame mould and Atelier Mould. The clay was left to dry before painting with black gesso and then lightly adding a layer of Vintage Gold Wax to highlight the details. A sentiment from the 12 x12 Passion Collection to the back of the frame and adhered it in place to the upright. I fussy cut elements from the Passion Collectables and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide before adhereing them in place with Multi Purpose Glue. To add depth to the project the violin and suitcase were mounted on to off cuts of cardboard so that they sit away from the back panel. I tucked in some gauze that had been coloured with the brown Distress Oxide and some mulberry flowers from my stash before adding a sprinkle of brown glitter and some tiny chipboard leaves.


One of the joys of Uprights is the fact that they have two sides and so I thought I would show how you can get two completely different effects from the same paper collection by simply changing the colours used. Here the back panel has been painted with Ivory before adding Crackle Glaze and finally a layer of  Light Pink paint. The frames were primed with white gesso before adding That's Crafty! Ivory paint and a hint of blue using Patina Blue wax by Finnabair. To pull all the layers on this piece together I then added splatters of the Azetec Gold paint.

These panels use surprisingly little paper elements and so are just perfect for using with left overs or with the other collectables paper collections - Amazonia and Voyages Fantastique making these a super easy make for quick gifts suitable for many tastes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook