Paw Prints on Your Heart by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone
For this weeks make I have finally managed to get around to inking up one of the new sets of stamps from Kate Crane, all stamps used are from the set ' Good Boy'. I created a little mini book using a couple of That's Crafty! Craftyboard twinchies as my covers, therefore this little book is only 2" x 2".


and it all closes to this


Here's What I Did:

I started with 2 of That's Crafty! Craftyboard twinchies which are 2" square pieces, these would form the front and back covers of my little book. I also used a piece of white card that I trimmed to 1 7/8" deep and then scored at the same measurement to create the pages of my little book. To colour both the covers and the pages I decided on Distress Oxides and picked 3 colours, Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass & Kitsch Flamingo and added some ink to my glass mat.


I then spritzed with water and smooched my card and Craftyboard covers through the ink, drying with a heat gun in between smoochies building the colour up each time until I was happy. Once I had got the base background I then added Distress Oxide ink to Kate's Blossom & Bloom stencil and spritzed it to make the ink fluid and then used it as a stamp to add some detail over the background.


You can see on the covers the detail that adds.
Then I added some stamping using a couple of the stamps, you get 6 designs, from Kates A4 'On The Line' stamp set. 
I only used portions of each stamp removing the ink from the parts I didn't want and stamped again still using Distress Oxides, the black I stamped was Versafine Clair.


I then added some stencilling with white  paint using That's Crafty! Punchinella Dinky stencil, I added some doodling with a black fineliner pen to finish the background off. After this point I added further detail by adding black and white paint splashes which I added by flicking Posca paint pens.

Next I stamped out the images that are on the Good Boy stamp set and coloured using Kuretake Colour Clean pens along with a water brush. All were cut out leaving a white border around. I then set about building up my pages which individually looked like this







I had to cut the images down to fit and played around with how they were positioned and then glued them to the pages using That's Crafty! craft adhesive.

A little bit of decoration to the front cover was a couple of paw prints using That's Crafty! Dinky stencil Paw Print and Versafine Clair ink pad and the hearts which I cut out as they are from the front of the jumper from one of the dog stamps, a single heart is also on the back cover.



The covers I then lined the inside with some strips of black & white washi tape, I used tape from AALL & Create, and then before I glued in my first and last pages create the book I added some black string to be my closure.  The quotes were typed out on my vintage typewriter and added to the pages and then doodled around to finish it off.

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook