A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That! by Helen Chilton

11:00

This was definitely a project that followed its own path!


I started off with a journal page that I'd brayered leftover paints onto.

I decided it called for some Lynne Perrella, watercoloured with Distress ink pads.

I worked out the positioning next.


Then I dug around in my material scraps - you could also use patterned paper.

I thought it needed a bit more pink to join the main image and the corner scrap together so used an AALL & Create stamp with VersaFine Clair Charming Pink. I like the way the circle pattern echoes the postmarks.


Then I thought a bit more blue was needed so stencilled a chevron pattern with Cerulean Fresco paint


I didn't like it much though as it was a bit blobby, so covered it up a bit with text in Black Paste.


Layer it all up and add embellishments.



This was a very easy going project as the colours were already decided by the paints on the page and then I just added bits here and there as I went along.

Hope you've enjoyed it!

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook