Tiger, Tiger by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone

Last week That's Crafty! launched another fabulous line up of products which included the first, I'm sure of many, collection of stamps designed by Kelly O'Gorman and what a collection!. Some of you may know Kelly's work through her range of adult colouring books so what an absolute treat to have her art work in stamp form so you can keep colouring them. There was an initial launch of 6 designs and I was lucky enough to get to play with 3 of the 6. So for this weeks post I would like to share one of those makes.



Here's what I did:

My tiger, Tiger make has been displayed in another new addition to the That's Crafty! substrates range which are MDF reverse canvases be it in the 11" square or 9" x 11" and both are 0.9" deep, for this piece I used the square.

For my Tiger Tiger piece the image was stamped using Versafine Clair black ink onto stamping card, I didn't use it as I forgot I had it but That's Crafty! are now doing an own brand super smooth 230gsm stamping card which feels just lovely. I also used a stamping platform for ease as these are large images. The frame I covered with one of my designer papers that I created for That's Crafty! and glued it to the back and the outer frame, these are A4 sheets so I did have to piece the back piece and I used strips for the frames and mitred the corners. The internal sides I painted with black gesso and then heat embossed in gold each one with the Tiger. Tiger sentiment to give some internal interest.


I then built up the frame and added the Tiger image curving the image and added with some dimension so it sits hovering in the frame. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment a last time onto black card and added it under the image, it does also cover up where I joined the paper.


You can't help but admire all the detail that Kelly has drawn into these stamps, just fabulous. 

Here's What I Used:
Prismacolour Pencils

These stamps by Kelly are absolutely stunning and really are so much fun to colour in. 

Have a great week and I'll see you next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook