Floral Garden by Helen Chilton

11:00

This is one of my favourite type of cards to make. I've used the ink pads I had but you can choose any that you've got.


I started by rubbing Distress ink pads onto a panel of glossy cardstock, mixing and blending as I went.


Then I used Fossilized Amber and the Circle stencil to create a sun.


After that, start stamping leaves in Archival Leaf Green and flowers in Distress Ink Picked Raspberry.


Add solid leaves in VersaFine Clair Warm Breeze


Finally I added some hanging leaves/flowers in VersaFine Clair Charming Pink. Don't worry if it looks a bit messy - it'll fade into the background when you add the black.


See what I mean? Stamp flowers and leaves in black over the top of the background. I coloured my flowers/leaves with felt pens to add more depth.



To finish use Posca pens to highlight and add a touch more colour.


I then used some Stickles Star Dust to add a touch of sparkle.



This floral scene technique is so easy and very addictive. Any mistakes can usually be covered up. Try to stamp the background flowers in the spaces around where you're going to put the focal images so they can be seen.

Hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I did making it!

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook