Bright and Beautiful Butterfly by Helen Chilton

11:00

This is one of the projects I made for the shows the other week. I've used both the Butterfly stamp and parts of the Skull. I've used the middle part of the square box frame and twisted it to use as the front panel.


The butterfly is stamped and watercoloured, then cut out.


I covered the MDF with a piece of background paper and then stencilled over it in corresponding paint colours. The black corner stencilling also uses one of the new designs.


I painted the frame in the same colours as the background paper, painted the inside in Ocean and then got out my Black Texture Paste to stencil the running stitch design.
The flowers used here are from the Skull stamp. The scalloped edge is created by using yet another of the new masks.






I love the way you can play around with the MDF Reverse Canvases - you can use them as is, you can build them upside down, you can leave parts out, you can layer up the 'waste' piece (as seen here) or just use that on its own.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing this close up!

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook